Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua largemouth report.
Heres some interesting information I picked up today. I was talking with the mayor of mantua city today and last fall they put out a bid to pave and extend the parking lot so that it goes over the spillway. Finally parking lines and a bigger lot. Never used to be a problem, but since the trout plantings it has needed it badly. They are also going to put in a boat dock and restroom. They will also be improving the ramp area and putting in some beach area along the dike. The real kicker in myt mind is the much needed restrictions they are considering putting on the lake. They recieve too much pressure on the weekends to allow waterskiing and are getting too many boats on the lake at a time. So they are thinking about limiting the number of watercraft that can be on the lake at one time.

Scooter, I sent you a pm.

As for the question about spawning locations, theres lots of available stuff. The bass clubs put a bunch of tires in there that make great pockets in the weeds that the fish use to spawn, but theres a lot of natural sites as well. 90% of your bass guys fish the east side so take a walk along the dike over there and do some looking around. You will find them.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mantua largemouth report. - by PREDATOR - 05-11-2003, 08:40 AM
Re: [PREDATOR] Mantua largemouth report. - by PREDATOR - 05-13-2003, 12:59 AM