Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shakey head and other worm/jig rigs
Looking for some input on the subject topic. I bought some Shakey Power Worms and some 1/4 oz Tru-Tungsten Ikey Heads to try this weekend.

Most of my soft plastic work is done with either weightless or wacky senkos or a 1/2 oz Carolina rig for deeper action. I was thinking the Ikey Heads would give me a middle ground or just mix things up if the other two methods are cold.

What do you think?
[signature]
I haven't tried that method yet, so let us know how it works in the dog days of summer.
[signature]
The only fishing I've done of late has been in the pond behind my house for largemouth bass. I caught a 3 pounder on the shakey head rig on Sunday. One thing I've learned is that shakey head is probably best in areas with a silt bottom or little vegetation. It doesn't pick up a lot of lettuce, but I don't think it's action works correctly when you're tugging it through weeds.

I really like this method. Its pretty easy to detect a strike and it can be fished in probably 2 to 20 feet of water. I'm going to dedicate one of my spinning combos to this type of fishing.
[signature]
The shakey head is a great tactic in a variety of situations.
I was using a spot remover jig with the 3-1/2" Cut'r Bug last week on a small local lake, fishing the edge of a weed bed with great results. i caught 15 Bass from 14" to 4 lbs and one Tiger Musky about 35".
Not the best method in weeds, but when that jig hits the bottom just let it set for 20 to 30 seconds and then lift the bait a couple inches off the bottom and lightly shake the jig verticaly.
Good luck on your next trip!
james
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]