Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New - Also From Lake Champlain
Hi Guys-

Just saying hey and I am glad to be here and a part of the forums.

I have been fishing all my life, since I could walk really haha! My father instilled it in me and we have been all over and doing all sorts of fishing - mainly freshwater and fly, but we get out to the ocean and all around.

I started fishing on the Belgrade Lakes in Maine at our camp, also home in the suburbs of Boston, and every chance I got in college. I graduated from the University of Vermont and was blessed to spend 4yrs right on Lake Champlain for some of the best fishing I have ever experienced in my life. After graduation, I couldn’t stay away…

With that, myself and a few friends while in school formed the website BurlingtonBoatyard, and after the interest grew by local boaters, anglers and businesses, we went full force and rebuilt it from the ground up over the last year. We got it established as an LLC, added features, services, affiliated with great resources (see our blog for contributions from Capt. Mickey Maynard, Lake Champlain fishing expert and much more), as well as working on a great partnership with Lake Champlain International (LCI). We will combine our services with their commitment to conservation and contribution to the environment and directly reinvest a percentage of sales revenue to the projects and initiatives they support and run for their members and the whole Lake community. These include hatcheries, Lamprey Eel research and prevention, mentoring for kids through fishing, and the renown Father’s Day Derby which gets about 6,000 anglers a year.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just really excited to be here and share my experiences but at the same time learn much more from a great staff of moderators, admins, and users from all over.

Hope to hear from you all in one way or another, and feel free to contact me anytime!

Tight Lines-

Guy[fishin]
[signature]
Welcome to the site GuyBBY, hope you enjoy all the resources it can provide. There is a problem with your links though, they are not allowed. No links to blogs or other forums are allowed here, they are seen as competition, sorry. WH2
[signature]
Thanks so much WH2- I appreciate the kind words and also the heads up...it has been taken care of. I definetly do not want to come across like that!

Hope to run into you more around the forums-

Guy
[signature]
Hi there GuyBBY and welcome to the BFT. If you get a chance stop by the Fly Fishing forum & say hello. Sometimes we're serious and then again we can act kind of goofy. Thanks for filling us in on your back ground. Seems like a lot of us received our initial training at our father's knee. heres the link to the fly forum. http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforu...ategory=69
[signature]
Dryrod-

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, I appreciate it!

I will ABSOLUTELY check it out, I have been trying to get acclimated with the site in general and planned to stop over.

I appreciate you taking time to read about my journey through fishing and boating and also about its role in making me want to make a business out of it. I would always appreciate feedback if any so feel free to check it out, email me, PM me, whatever! Smile

See you in the fly fishing forum and hopefully I can learn lots.

Guy
[signature]
Welcome aboard Guy. It's good to see you at one of my other Hang Outs.

We all hope you enjoy your stay here and don't forget to check out your state board as well.

There may not be alot of action on the VT board but give it time and there could end up being more members coming out of the wood work.[cool]
[signature]
You got it Steve-

Thanks for the reply here. Have you ever fished Champlain? Or ever heard from anyone who does, friends or fellow anglers out there who have made it out?

Guy
[signature]
I love that lake. I had a chance to fish there twice last year. We fished some of the VT side as well as the NY side.

We had some good action around the Grand Isle, very close to Keeler Bay. Worked our way down to Burlington and Winooski area. I don't remember the name of that little bay there but it was a good hide out when the winds kicked up.[cool]
[signature]
Awesome! That sounds like you had a great time- it is unbelievable fishing and the various kinds of fish you can go out for is great.

You may mean Mallett's Bay? There are lots of "bays" and "seas" on that lake that's for sure.

Steve, sometime down the line, would you ever be interested in writing a few paragraphs about being a non-resident and coming to Lake Champlain to fish and boat? In VT, there are 96,000 resident anglers and 75,000 NON-resident, so it is a huge part of the economy and moreover the reputation the area has for great fishing/boating. I was thinking fo trying to get an "outsiders" perspective/story for our blog on BurlingtonBoatyard.com

Either way is fine, I know you are probably busy!

Guy
[signature]
I would be glad to.

I do some articles for several places after they find out that my group was there.

Let me know if there are any specifc aspects that you would encourage emphasis on or if you would rather just leave it as a general experience of my fishing trip there.[cool]
[signature]
Hi Steve-

Thanks so much!

Well, it would really be up to you. What I am going for in terms of your personal situation, is that back on Boats.org you told me that you were sponsored and basically, fish for a living! So, I am thinking a small 2 or 3 sentence intro of who you are and who your sponsors are, your background with fishing, where you are from, etc...like a bio with extra bits about your carreer in it.

Then, you can say that- as you are experienced in travling to fish different locations- what Lake Champlain was like for you, how it was in comparison to other spots (meaning what did you like about your time there..impressive fish? nice conditions? meet any locals that you got to go out with or speak to? etc).

In general, I think it would nice for us to hear about your trip from the stanpoint of a visitor to the area and what attracted you to come.

Thanks so much, and you can take your time, no rush!

Guy-

You can send a pic and whatever else that would "personalize" the blog post.
[signature]
No prolem Guy.

Send me a PM with the particulars as to where to send the article to. You can PM me here or on the Boats.org.

I am always back and forth as well as covering other forums to.[cool]
[signature]
G'Mornin' Steve!

How are ya? Hope all is well and I wanted to let you know I PM'ed you some specifics on the article.

Also, to add, maybe you could list the boat(s) you have and a few specs?

Thanks so much, feel free to email me directly or call

Guy
[signature]
Region 5 offers diverse open water fishing experiences from early Spring to late Fall. Trout and salmon season starts on the streams in early April and moves to the lakes and ponds as ice-out progresses through April and May. The month of May also sees the opening of the walleye and pike seasons. Summer brings the start of bass season and excellent fishing for largemouth and smallmouth bass. And of course, there are many opportunities to catch panfish such as perch and sunfish throughout the year.

--------------------
valrossie

sorry to edit out your link please refer to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Introductions_C77/Introductions_Board_F295/gforum.cgi?post=436275;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]welcome post[/url] by DR for a recap of rules on posting on the BFT..
[signature]
Welcome to the BFT introduction board Valrossie. In case you did not notice the edit of your link, they are not allowed, please see the sticky post at the top thread of this board. WH2
[signature]
I am going over my fishing journal for that area. I will have some material for you soon.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks Steve- again I really appreciate you doing this, it will be a great thing for the guys here to see.

Guy
[signature]