Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youth Shot Gun
Any choices or reviews for a youth shotgun for clays and pheasants?? We're starting my nephew (14yr) out this fall and want to make it a good experience. I'll probably gear towards a 20g, but any help would be appreciated..<br><br>[laugh]
Dont forget the 4.10<br><br>
nutin wrong with da 410...that was my first at age 12....da only thing is he`ll out grow it reel quik....matter of fact that same year my PoPs set me up with an M-1 carbine 30 caliber..<br>killed my first 2 deer with it that same year a 4 point n an 8 pointer.....da 8 is still on da wall.....don`t no how big your boy is butt i would go an have him fitted 2 da gun....just like buyin clothes.....his arms...long?...short?.....i wood take this n 2 consideration 2........sum of them guns r long......well i`ll quit bumpin my gums and u go git dat boy a gun....Bsafe!......C-Ya!<br><br>
Hey robfishon, I believe Remington makes a youth model in the 870 Express, 20 and 12 gauge. It is affordable too. I suggest getting it from a local dealer who also can alter the stock if necessary. The 20 will handle 3" shells as well as 2 3/4" shells. Good hunting, Ghost<br><br>Famous last words: "Ah Bears are too big and fat to run fast"
Thanks for the info.<br>I'm leaning towards a Mossberg 500, bantam 20#.<br>This is shorter/lighter model of the 12#. (I also might pick up a Mossberg 500-12# for myself. I found one shop in Indiana that has great prices and availability..<br><br>[laugh]