Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank Tanglers
A friend of mine was wondering where to take a bunch of scouts fishing. He wants it kind of close to the slc valley. I fish from a tube so i dont know where a good place would be. let me know.
[signature]
Silver Lake up Big Cottonwood canyon or Tibble Fork up American Fork canyon are good spots to bank fish close to the valley.
[signature]
thanks i will let him know.
[signature]
Just got back from Mantua. Did real good on tubes, pretty close to the shore. I would take the scouts there. The perch are pretty easy to catch, nice clean lake, warm water and no mosquitoes. Problem is no place to camp that I know of. Great for the day.

[signature]
If I remember right from when I lived up there, Box Elder Camp Grounds is in the other end of Mantua. That would put you about 5 minutes from the camp grounds to the reservoir.
[signature]
By the way, I bought some of those "maniac cutt-r-bug rubber jigs. They are supposed to be more flourescent. YOU GOT ME HOOKED!. It doesn't look that much brighter in the land but they sure stood out in the water. I switched jigs twice and reverted back to the maniac. I'm sold. I caught about 12 perch and 3 LB's. I was trying to use 2 poles, one with bait but I couldn't man it effectively so I hung it up and just jigged.
[signature]