Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay today
[unsure][font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Well I got a kitchen pass today so I took full advantage of it this afternoon. Went out to Willard launched from the South Marina with no problem. Started fishing all around the feed lot, both ends and in front of it. A very little bit of luck hit me as I was able to boat one smallmouth Bass. [/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] It was caught about 5pm and just NE of the bend. Little dickens put up a good fight. I thought that I had caught a wiper at first. The water was like glass , no wind perfect day.I think if we get a few more days like todayit will be wiper time. I only spent a couple of hours on the water today, but it was well worth it. Oh by the way, I released the guy also. he only weighed in about a pound.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] [/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Dan what was the surface temperature?
[signature]
[unsure] [font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Sorry MGB, I don't have that info for ya. My fishfinder doesn't have that capability. Hope to have a new one soon. [/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
At least you caught something, those smallmouth can put up a good fight. I agree with you, a few more days and the wipers should be coming on strong. WH2
[signature]
I was out there Sunday as well! Surface temp was 59 DEG. Lot's of marks on the finder but nothing on the end of my line. My insane 9 year old boy went swimming due to the fact that fishing was slow. I guess he thought that since they were down there he might grab one or two and show his dad how its done. NICE TRY!!!!!BRRRRRRR!!!LOL
[signature]
sunday was a beautiful day to be on the lake, it was glass most of the day, my buddy had his boat on the lake, almost hit 80 mph in it, that is really fast on the water, it's quite a ride, especially when it starts "walkin" from side to side. can you say "buttpucker"
[signature]