Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grays Harbor County
[Image: bobwink.gif]Does anyone have a clue where the decent fishing is here? Possibly what lakes are the best to fish for small mouth bass, trout ect. I Just moved here last year not quite used to the fishing area's yet. I could use some good tips on what lakes to pay a visit to. Ive heard lewis county is decent for small mouth. Any Ideas for the newbie here?[Image: confused.gif]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]I live in Clark County Washington and have fished some in Lewis County and Lewis County does have some good fishing, but so does Grays Harbor County from the reports I have read, although I do not travel that far north for fishing.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Here is a report from 9 Aug 2008:[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I fished Duck Lake both Friday and Saturday for Crappie, Perch and Trout. On Friday we caught 6 little Crappie.
Saturday we didn't catch any. This Lake has been extremely slow all summer.
The water temp ranged from 63 to 65 degrees. The water has a lot of algae floating on the surface along with some sort of brown slime. They applied more weed killer on August 3rd.
I think the weed treatments are ruining the fishing. I marked very few fish on the fish finder; the ones I did see were at the north end of the lake anywhere from 16 to 20 feet deep.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Here is a report from 6 July 2008:[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I fished Duck Lake most of the past week. The fishing was pretty slow most of the week. I caught a 4lb bass Monday morning. Saturday night the crappie fishing started to heat up. I think we caught about 30 fish, mostly crappie and a few perch. Sunday morning the fishing finally got hot. Between my uncle and I we caught over 50 fish. I hooked into another planted steelhead and lost him after a couple of minutes of battling it. I got the fish up to the boat, looked like we had him when he dove under the boat and snapped my 4lb test line. I was a little bummed I didn't get it in. But it sure was fun to fight it on ultralight tackle. It was nice to finally start landing some perch. We had been having a hard time locating them. My uncle caught the largest perch, 11 inches. I can’t wait to get back here in a few weeks.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I can not put a link on here to the web site these reports come from, but if you google Washington lakes you will surely find it.[/font]
[signature]