Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind and rain feeding habits?
Last week went to a stocked pond and had a great time. 2 sheepshead, 1 cat and 3 misses. Great by my standards. Saturday went to the same pond and got totally skunked. I didn't do anything differently; same bait same setups. Only thing that I thought might attribute to the bad day was it being windy and light rain on and off. Do fish not eat when it's windy or dreary out?
[signature]
I'm no an expert, but after sporadic rains I've never had much luck, as for wind; I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference(besides casting) but maybe a little bit. The only problem I have is when it's severely windy. Sometimes the fish just don't bite, even though a lot has to do with how you fish ur bait, what bait you have, time/place, water temp, ect.

Hope this helps,
Bassmasta
[signature]
[fishin] Went to a friend's house on the lake yesterday. Fished off the pier, caught 30 bluegill 10 catfish. The wind was blowing and had some cloud cover. When the sun came out the bites slacked off. Then cloud cover and the bite was on.
[signature]
Seems like my best days are calm and cloudy. I thought it might be because I'm a beginner and it's easier for me to concentrate on the line. Too bad it's rainy season here. Makes it that much harder for me.
[signature]
fish with the wind in you face and i would think the rain would help but im no expert
[signature]