Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother Nature is a Mother
[cool]Finally got in a trip on Saguaro Saturday that I didn't get blown off with the wind. A lot of boat and recreational traffic, but still managed to score some yellow bass and a couple of chunky kitties...6.5 and 7.2 (pounds) A lot of fun on ultralight gear.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage1877011.jpg]
[signature]
I TRIED TO STOP MYSELF , BUT I CAN'T ! BOMB BAY DOORS OPEN !

MOTHER NATURE IS A MUTHA ! IS HOW WE SAY IT IN THE STICKS AND IN THE BIG CITY IN THE NORTH , BUT YOU BEING A GENTELMAN AND ALL , I'LL FORGIVE YOU THIS TIME ! LOL

I'M LOOKING AT THOES FISH AND READING THERE WEIGHT , HUMM , I SEE THE SWIM FINS . THE FISH BASKET , FIVE RODS , LANDING NET , TWO CARGO PACKS AND A CERIAL BOWL . MY QUESTION , HOW DO YOU GET ALL THIS GEAR ON ONE LITTLE FLOAT TUBE WHEN I CAN'T GET HALF THIS STUFF ON A 17 FOOT BOAT WITHOUT TRIPPING OVER IT ?

NOW , BOMBS AWAY !

THAT IS A CERIAL BOWL ISN'T IT ? [Wink]

NICE FISH IN THE BASKET TOO ! I'M A LITTLE JELOUS THE FISH ARE A LITTLE SLOW WITH ALL THIS UP AND DOWN WEATHER HERE .
[signature]
[cool]First, let's get somethin' straight. I ain't no gentleman. You want to get sued for slander? And, as a product of inner city upbringin', I know the difference between "mother" and "mutha".

So you're impressed with all the gear on the old Super Fat Cat, huh? One of the big appeals of that craft is the spacious pockets...especially compared to the Kennebec out of which I just graduated. That was a trout fishing toy, with lots of dinky pockets...not suitable for the footlocker sized tackle boxes I am prone to load aboard. You don't see those in the picture. I had my porters carry most of that back to my Land Rover before taking the picture. I would not want to create the illusion that I was putting on airs or anything.

And, my good fellow, that is most certainly not a cereal bowl. Don't you recognize a genuine faux ivory caviar server? Me neither. It's a cheap plastic dish that serves to hold a few pieces of cut bait at a time. I keep the main supply in an insulated container, on ice, to keep it fresh in the Arizona sun. Leave the whole supply out for a morning fishing and you will be fishing with stink bait by 10. It's hard to stay upwind of yerself when you got ripe bait on board.

You may find this hard to believe, but I done this onct or twict. If I do say so, I got a pretty good system going. Still working on getting that BBQ mounted on the bow though. Gonna be great for shore lunches when I get her done.

I'll make you a deal. Email me some of those great mushrooms you've been getting and I'll return email some fresh fillets.
[signature]
LOL , LOL , LOL !

YOU ARE THE BEST !

"JUST ANOTHER FISH" POST ON THE MI. BOARD , HER DADDY HASEN'T LANDED ONE YET ( THE ROOKIE ) , BUT I'M STILL TRING ! SHE BATTELED THAT THING LIKE A PRO !

BOMB BAY DOORS CLOSED .

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE LAUGH !
[signature]
Is that your girlchild? Nice fish and a proud young lady...justifiably.
[signature]
THAT'S MY LITTLE WILD CHILD ! SHE'S THE ONE THAT INSURANCE PEOPLE DREAD , SHE IS A BONIFIED OUTDOORS PERSON . NO TREE IS TOO BIG , NO MOUNTAN TOO TALL , NO RIVER TOO WILD THAT SHE CAN'T TAME IT !

WHEN SHE BATTELED THAT BEAST DURING IT'S RUNS SHE KEPT SAYING " NO YOU DON'T , I'M THE BOSS " ! ONCE LANDED THERE WAS A WOO HOO ! THAT ECHOED DOWN THE RIVER . NOT BAD , NOT BAD AT ALL .

SHE ALWAYS CATCHES THE BIGGER FISH . IT'S A COMPITITION THING BETWEEN HER AND I .
[signature]
hey Dude! you rinning a soup kiction?

looks like another nice haul...

I like the way you tricked out the fat cat. Just one question, is there a seat belt so you dont slip out of the seat or is the seat built so that when you sit in it you are there and ya aint going no where?

How did you get them kittins to shore with out having majior puncture wounds in your legs? and dont tell me that they fit in your basket lol...
[signature]
[cool]Yes, Dave, that was a decent catch. Not as good as yesterday's though. I will be posting that later today. Between the two of us, TubeBabe and I caught over 200 fish yesterday. But, we only kept what we can use...between our family and my son's family. The yellow bass are prolific and are not adversely affected by a little harvesting.

The catfish DO fit in the basket. It is bigger than it looks...19"wide and 30" deep. It holds a lot of fish. I took the cats out for the photo so they showed up better. The way it is rigged, it floats out just away from the tube, and does not come into contact with either my legs or the air chambers.

Another thing is that bigger cats do not have the sharp-pointed spines that the smaller fish do. They become dull and rounded over the years, as cats work in and out of holes in rocks, during spawning or just hiding out in the daytime. But, I still use a pair of sidecutters to cut off the dorsal and pectoral spines on all cats I am going to keep. It makes them easier to handle and they are less likely to tear up my fish basket if they snag a spine and start rolling.

There is not a seat belt on the Fat Cats. You sit up above water level, and the seats are rigid...whether solid foam or air cushion. Mine has the air, and TubeBabe has the solid foam. You would have to worry about becoming unseated only if a large wave turned you over. And then, you would not want to be trapped in your craft anyway. There are some craft that have similar high seating but are very unstable on the water. I have heard from tubers who HAVE slipped out of these. The FAt Cats are very stable. Not very likely you could slip out.
[signature]