Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can someone help me
I have these two fishing rods that were my grandfathers. One is a Mike Wayne Fiberglass rod custom model #3215 with stainless guide & Tip, The other is a Garcia Conolon 2528 c med action, fast taper. If anyone has heard of these rods or know anything about them please let me know.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Lynn, I hope one of us can help you with your question. Try asking this question on the board, at the link below.
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=160
Good luck and I hope you enjoy the site. WH2
[signature]
I can tell you this, slow, medium and fast action refers to how fast the poll bends when you get a strike. or should I say how sencitive your rod is to showing a fish strike.

fast taper means it goes from a thick to thin in a short distance insted of gradualy getting thinner...

Is there something else in spicific you want to know about them?
[signature]
I guess the biggest thing I'm trying to find out is what type of rods they are, and I am planing on selling them but with out knowing anything about them I don't know what to sell them for. Both rods are in very good condition. I also have a few reels that I am wanting to sell too. I know they are not fly rods. But that is the most that I know. Here is a picture of one of the Garcia rod and reel.
[signature]
Hi there dolfin1 - you know that a picture is worth a 1000 words. So any chance that you can provide some of your rods & reels?
[signature]
Your pic did not come though, you wanna try posting it again?

get the photo up and I will get you a link on the buy sell traid board to this post...
[signature]

is only one of the rods and reels.
[inline bc.bmp]this

Hi there dolphin1 - I resized your picture to the maximum size permitted @ 450 pixels wide.
[signature]
the reel is a michell, but you already know that, it was an enexpencive reel for its day, lot of them manufactrued and sold at Kmarts and Sears around the country, I have a couple of them my self, one my dad gave me, he liked it for walleye untill he found that the slightly more expencive models worked much nicer....

the garcia is a middle class/price range rod, they are about 25/30 years old. not quite the collectors item yet but maybe one day if you hold on to them and keep them out of the sunlight for another 25 years then they may be worth double what they were new.. 35-45 $

I do like you still having the rod sock, that is always a nice touch, but you can see the rod has been thrown around a bit, much like my own personal fishing equipment....

Today you would be lucky to get 25/30 dollars for the combo now, probably closer to 20.oo.... You can always try ebay, I hear there is a fool bidding on that site every 10 seconds.[Wink]

I almost forgot to mention, the reel is not made for that rod, that rod is ment for a closed face spin cast reel similer to the zebco 202's 404's and such, maybe even a bait caster would work with that rod. I am not fond of the small loop on the bottom for a bait casters.
[signature]
I have a rod just like the one shown. Except mine has a gray reel set & yellow pole. The only ID that I can find is CustomFlex R5-399. It is cunstructed of fiberglas. Must have purchased it over 50 years ago.
[signature]