Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what to catch?
I am completely new to saltwater bay fishing. I recently moved to central NJ. I only fished carps and pike in lakes. I was planning on going fishing this weekend and I need some advice. What is the best fish to catch in the bay and how? What bait should I use. I was thinking that I will have one rod with nightcrawlers and other with simple jigs. Thanks
[signature]
Here in Ct we"er waiting for the fall when the blues and stripers come back in full stenght. Best bet is to talk to your local tackle shops, but at this time of year, your best bet is to cut up bunker and bounce it off the bottom. You could get a striper or two or a lonely blue.
[signature]
I fish NJ a lot this is a great time of year for fishing the bays and even the back waters. Stripers are starting to come in the blues though annoying sometime should be in full force right now and only getting bigger in the next few weeks. What part of Jersey are you fishing? I can give you some spots you can fish from shore with light gear and top water baits and be in fish for hrs. I'd offer to take you out on the boat but it's not running at the moment.
[signature]