Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hunters safety
Ok my son got 100% on his hunter safety test yahooo ...he did great ......
[signature]
Congrats to the new "offical" hunter.

Hope he stays awake in the blind longer than my son did. Good thing I didn't put him in the tree blind... he would have been a gonner.. [laugh]
[signature]
first time I went boy did my dad get ticked off, the deer were litteraly dancing around me as I snored with him watching from the hill top on the other side of the swamp...[angelic]

must be something to my snore, I do my best hunting while I am sleeping [sly] they come right on in, you should have herd my dad on the second year when he saw a doe kicking at my feet while I slept under a pine tree..[laugh]

but that was no where near as funny as the following year when we went out hours befor dawn. I sat and waited for day lite and heard some rustling, and as the dawn aproached the rustling got louder untill the brink of dawn and I could have swarn the deer was right next to me. Then it happend a phesant jumped right out of the leaves right in to my face and knocked me right off my seat... about had an atack. my buddy could not stop laughing.. needles to say the deer did not sneek up on me that day. [:p]

good luck, be sure to get him out for that early doe hunt if he is eligable...
[signature]
ya he's been out in the woods the last 5 years ...always wants me to shoot them doe..
[signature]
thats funny dave lol..... when u gonna come up here and fish with me?
[signature]
I am thinkin about a run over to tippy in a few weeks...[crazy]
I'll let ya know...
[signature]
I am asuming you are around macinaw? if so I havent been up that way in nearly 30 years.... bouy do I dont get out much [Image: surprised.gif]
[signature]
na I'm in a little 1 horse town called Hale blink u misssed it ..we do have a light that turns green now tho lol
[signature]
As a kid I went through Hale SEVERAL times on my way with grandpa going towards the Ausable river.

They still have the car races over there on the oval track on Friday nights or am I thinking of someplace elese?
[signature]
ya that would be Whittemore that about 10 miles south ....I'm 2 miles north .... au sable river is my back yard kinda lol where di you go on the river?
[signature]
last time I was up I went though there, It has been about 8 years now...[fishin] I was up there with lonehunter at the foote dam on one voiage and by my self a couple voiages after that the same month.....
[signature]
foote dam ...the good ol days of snagin lol remember the meat hole?
[signature]
Ya, I remember that lead cast bash... LOL

Which meat hole are you refering to?, I was at the dam before the break. I see now you cant even fish that area. It dont look like they put in a fish ladder. Is there one there now?

there was another meat hole I heard refferance to below the the dam across the road...
[signature]
Yea, that first bend in the river below the dam , the meat hole .

Every day at this time the turkeys come thru the yard , only 29 today , yotes musta got one .
boredom level is about 9-1/2 , I can't wait for the foot to heal [Image: scaredworried.gif] .
[signature]
Hey Tom , is there any news on the Au Sable ?
[signature]
no word on the au sable ..but i heard some people was getting a few in tawas...i been fishing walleye and smallies in some area lakes ...we been killin
[signature]
I got an email last week from a guy in hawii saying salmon were at tippy [laugh]
[signature]