Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview tiger report(utah) w/pics
After a year + of trying to meet up with Proline and get after some tigers, the stars finally aligned this morning. I picked him up at 5:30 at the mouth of the canyon to a very dark sky. I forgot how dark it is that early this time of year.
We launched and headed to the P.H. to start the morning. After some quick tips and a little "we should hit one pretty quick" conversation, we started throwing buzzbaits to perfect conditions. As i had barely got the words of wisdom out of my mouth, Todd hooked up with a beautiful 38"er! Hell of a way to start the day![Image: smile.gif] We fished down the south side a ways and ran out of depth so we boogied over to the narrows. Within 10 minutes i hooked up with a nice 28"er. Quick pic and a friendly splash to the face, and we kept pushing farther to the west. Not 10 minutes go by and i hook up a 26"er! This is panning out ot be an awesome day! We fished a ways farther and i missed a good fish. We stayed in the area for another 1/2 hour aqnd headed to N.F. Within 10 minutes of dropping the bowmount, i missed another smaller fish. This one was my fault, pulled it away from him. Another 20 minutes i missed another one. That time it was his fault.[Image: mad.gif] Todd hooked a fat 13" smallie shortly after. That was the end of the productivity for the day. The sun got too high in the sky and the frothers turned the lake into a mess. We left at about 1 pm.
I have not fished up there much since June due to low success this year but i think i should have been hitting it hard the last few weeks. The water is down about 15' but there is still plenty of structure for the fish. Water temp was 70* at launch and 75* at take-off.
I finally got my Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 wired last night just for this trip and i must say that it was a wise investment buying it. It works awesome! I just wish the driver knew what he was doing.[Image: blush.gif] All in good time though.
It was great to finally meet Todd. He is a great guy to fish with. Thanks for the company Todd. We will absolutely hit it again next spring with the fly rods.[Image: cool.gif]
Here are the pics off my camera. Todd has the good ones.[Image: wink.gif]

[inline "todds 38.jpg"][inline 105_1524.JPG]
[signature]
Looks like a great trip. I have got to make it up there one of these years.[:p]
[signature]
Say when Richard.[Wink]
[signature]