Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wisconsin
Just got back from Wisconsin visiting the wife's family last night so I thought I'd share my fishing pics with everybody. We fished Shawano Lake if anyone is familliar with the state. Fishing was pretty slow. From what we were told the middle of August is definately not the best time to be fishing there. But in about four hours of fishing I managed to catch 4 pike, the biggest at 26 inches and a fair sized largemouth. I wanted to catch a pike on a fly, but I failed at that one.
We were staying at a lake house on a smaller lake and also caught a ton of bluegill, the biggest at 8.5 inches, pumkinseed, and rock bass there.
[signature]
Awesome. I still have not caught a pike. It is on my list of must catch fish. I used to Canoe with my grandparents up in Boundary waters National Park but they were not into fishing.

Windriver
[signature]
Cool! Im originally from WI, moved to ID from MN. Have done alot of fishing in both MN and WI. Ive had alot of fun catching northerns as well as just having fun with the panfish. Sounds like a fun time, altho maybe not as much fishing as you wouldve liked...but it never is! Lol
[signature]