Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing addiction just a phase?
Ever since I started several months ago, all I seem to think about is fishing. My girl only allows me to go once a week on Sundays [Image: sad.gif] and sometimes once during the week if I beg enough. Every other day it takes a forklift to get me out of bed but on fishing day my mental clock goes off at daybreak and I'm wide awake. Anyone else love fishing so much that it affects their normal lives?
[signature]
I was such an addict to fishing as well. My wife had finally cut me back to only 5 trips a week.

Finally I got a job that requires me to fish every day. It pays the bill, buys her new shoes and she even lets me go fishing on my days off.[cool]
[signature]
I think you'll find most folks on this board get the shakes and withdrawls if we don't wet a line past 10 days. November to March are to long for me.[Wink]
[signature]
Buddy its funny you should say this because we're in the same boat! I started several months ago after not fishing since I was little and now I can't stop! All I talk to my friends about is my fishing trips! All I want to ever do is grab a pole and hit the closest fishing hole! Smile I hope that its not just a phase for you, I truly hope that you stick with fishing because it is an ancient art and will be popular for many more centuries to come. Stick with it and gather all of the knowledge that you can! Here's how I get my fix in when I can't go fishing, I just go on BFT and learn learn learn! That way the next time I go out I can use my newly gained knowledge. Smile Good luck !
[signature]
Any free time I have I'm either online looking at youtube fishing videos, cruising BFT, playing a computer fishing game, or watching ESA (Extreme Sports Angler) on TV whenever it's on. Not sure if you guys get ESA since it's from New Zealand. They are hard core fisherman. My girl would complain because I'd watch the reruns even though I might've seen them 3 times already. You guys have it good with tons of fishing supply stores there. I only have access to small mom and pop places with very limited and cheap stuff. I can't even get circle hooks here. Sigh [unimpressed].
[signature]
Trust me man, I know EXACTLY how you feel, along with almost every other fisherman on the board. With some people the addiction goes away, with others (like me) it doesn't. I've had it since I was 2 (and will till' i'm dead). Eventually it will stop effecting ur day-to-day life so dramatically. U'll find a way to fit it into ur schedule. I find it ok to go fishing only every saturday and/or sunday (after church). Whenever you do get out and get to go to a new store, make sure you stock up on as much as possible. Until then, just try to survive.

Good Luck N' Good Fishin'[fishin]
Bassmasta
[signature]
I feel your pain, and te worse part is the less time ou have to go, the worse it gets. This year I rprobably fished less then I have in any year over the last 15 and its killing me! I usually do 4 or 5 guided trips a year besides my regular fishing and this year I had to even pass on half those. One of those trips a couple of guys I was going with both hooked 30+ pound lakers on the first day (ouch)!!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I have the same problem. I only get to fish on my lunch and breaks here at work in this dirty retention pond. All the fish are dead now too. Anyway, I read about it all day and I have a ton of stuff now. Just worried that I'll give up on it since I never catch anything and now the fish are gone anyway. I don't have a boat or know anyone with a boat. I have a tube, but not many places to use it and I can't even get a straight answer if I'm even allowed to use it. I'm afraid I've gotten into something I won't even bother with a year from now. But for now, it's all I work for. Is going out to that grimey retention pond to see what scum I can pull out.

Jason
[signature]
Where do you live? If you like bass fishing, have you ever considered contacting a local bass club? You can join as a non-boater. Not only would it help your fishing addiction but you would learn a lot. Most clubs are always looking for new members.
[signature]
I live in central IN. I don't know of any bass fishing clubs around here. When I catch something I think it's all luck cause there is no consistencey at all. There aren't too many places to fish around here without a boat. the only big lake around here is eagle creek, there is nothing on the shores there.

Jason
[signature]
There are 23 Bass clubs in Indiana. 3 of them are in Central area. I can't post the links here because they have blogs or forums.

Just do a Google search and you will find them easily.[cool]
[signature]
I googled Indianapolis Bass Clubs and found Contact List for Local Clubs. All the State Federation clubs are listed with telephone #'s and Email addresses. You should be able to find one near you. Good Luck.
[signature]
Hi
This is alexhopes,
The addiction began in 1980 with two young kids growing up on the barrier islands of Florida's Space Coast. Daily fishing excursions before and after school fueled the passion for fishing. Blair struggled with the fishing addiction, before enlisting in the Air Force. A career working on the Space Shuttle brought him back home, where the fishing addiction returned.
Twenty years later, Blair, a professional fishing guide, and Kevin, an award-winning television producer, have reunited to create the next generation of outdoor television. And about "Mogan", the word was coined by these two along time ago. You know how kids are. . .they put the two words together and created their own. Like a "lunker", but a "mogan" is in saltwater!
=======================================
alexhopes
[url "http://www.alcoholaddiction.org/wisconsin"]Wisconsin Alcohol Addiction Treatment[/url]
[signature]
Its a very good website.
The posting are really interesting.
We can share our views.
=============================================================
Harry
[url "http://www.localdrugrehab.com"]Drug Rehabs[/url]
[signature]
[fishin] I am very lucky that I have a lake 10 minutes from my house, one 30 minutes from my house, one 45 minutes, and one and hour. It's hard to decide which one to go to. I will go the one closest since the time changed. But when we hit daylights savings time again I will go to some of the others since it doesn't get dark till almost 9 o'clock. Right now I'm concentrating on crappie.
But I have seen some bass schooling so I also carry a rod rigged for schooling bass.
[signature]
Man I don't feel so bad now. I love fishing, cant get enough of it. I remember when i was in high school and i got my first car i was at the lake everyday in the summer. Before that i had to bug my dad to take me but he did not always have time. Well he loves fishing to and now i feel his pain. I have my own place now and i am always fixing up around the house and i don't have as much time as i would like for fishing. I happen to be very lucky that there are 5 lakes in my area that are all within a 10 to 20 minute drive from my house. I have a 12' aluminum boat for fishing the bigger lakes and a 9' inflatable pontoon for the smaller ones. I also have access to my parents 20' pontoon boat that they keep docked at a large lake thats only about a 45min drive from me. So in other words i have alot of options. Im 26 years old and i've been fishing since I could walk since my old man was once a fishaholic, and im still going strong.
[fishin]
[signature]
I don't nor will ever have a "normal" life because of fishing. It is like a bad drug, once you try it, you need more![Wink]
[signature]
Just a phase. You will eventually catch everything you desire and move on to the next challenge.

Deaver
[signature]
My wife said " Fishing or me".... I don't miss her but I miss all that money that disappeared when she went. Thank God I fish whenever I want!
PS... The new guy doesn't even fish![shocked]
[signature]
My wife got aggravated at me for fishing so much this year. Every time I had even an hour of daylight left, I would run out to the river to try for a cat. But, then she got a job that required her working from 3pm until 9. So I loaded up my son and we went fishing whenever the notion hit us, which was usually every day lol. (As long as the house was clean when she got home)[:p]
[signature]