Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New from New Hampshire
Hi,

Wanted to take a sec to introduce myself. Been fishing since before I could walk. Born and grew up in darkest Africa where I fished competitively for fresh water fish. Also spent a lot of time fishing the south eastern coast of Africa both inshore and offshore.

After moving to the States 15 years ago, I took up saltwater fly fishing, and now fly fish for everything with fins. Also spend a lot of time tying flies and teaching kids to tie. I just recently bought a kayak and spend 90% of my time fishing from the yak (now have fish finder, rod holders, anchor etc)

I currently operate the www.georec.com website which focuses on promoting recreational fishing through, among other ways, the Georec Challenge. Don't worry, we don't have a forum and not planning on doing so. You guys do just fine at that.

Hope to be able share some of my experience here with others, and hopefully to encourage more kids to get into fishing.

Regards
[signature]
Georec....

Welcome to the BFT.. you intro has made me jealous of your experiences.. but it sounds like you are giving back as much as you have gotten from the sport of fishing..

I (we I am sure) look forward to your stories and inputs of topics of interest to you.. we have forums on fly fishing for both salt and fresh waters.. as well as tying flies for each..

As I am sure you have already found out we have forums for individual states that I am sure you will find of interest and have a lot of inut on..

hope to see you on all of them ...

MacFly [cool]

[signature]
Hi Georec and welcome to the BFT. Wow what a resume. Teaching the youngin [southern expression] to fish and abide by the rules of mother nature is great for we look forward to leaving our stewardship in capable hands
[signature]
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Taking kids fishing is second only to my own enjoyment of fishing. I have been blown away by the kids response to the Georec Challenges we have been fishing. Fishing for multiple species instead of a single big fish gives the kids a really good shot at winning (even with small fish). Some of them have become downright fanatical about fishing.

All I want to see is the youngins out there fishing. Whatever it takes [Wink]

Cheers
[signature]
good attitude. [:p]

Welcome to our forum,

hope you will get a chance enjoy your state board as well as our genneral topic boards.
[signature]