Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons Why I fish
Reasons Why I fish

If you had to choose one, what would be your primary reason for going fishing?

aditional comments welcome...
[signature]
You forgot to add "keep yourself sane" Dave.[Wink]
[signature]
I may claim that I fish to relax sometimes but when it really comes down to it I fish for sport. Triggering a bass to bite, no matter the size, really gets my adrenaline pumping. Knowing that the next strike you get may be the lunker. Finding the right structure, the right bait, the right depth, the right color, hook size, scent, line size, even that little twitch while that plastic is falling through the water column, could mean the difference of catching another bass or not. I don't know if that's considered sport or obsession....
[signature]
I would call that skill honing, one dose have to stay on top of his game, even when fishing for food or sport.
[signature]
I actualy did concider putting that option in, "keeping your Sanity" But I fell off that wagon a long long time ago..[shocked]
[signature]
Its a combination of all three, but if I had to pick one it would have to be for relaxation. I dont have to catch fish to have a succesful trip, but it sure donsent hurt[Wink]
[signature]
i agree with lh2 best medicine available
[signature]
[quote lunkerhunter2]add "keep yourself sane"[Wink][/quote]
+2, I go nuts in the winter if i'm not out on the ice!
if there was no effort needed to catch fish they would call it catching fish not fishing. [fishin] [vegatarian] old indian word for bad hunter
[signature]
For the sport and thrill of catching fish, also the time spent bonding with the family[Smile].
[signature]
Probably the reason I fish is that it always makes me remember the times as a child, going fishing with my Father and family, and the camping trips, then later in life taking my children camping and fishing, while always getting my father to go with, (he passed a few years ago) but my kids still talk about the trips we made, and we still go as a family, and just when I think I’m getting the catching part figured out, I get humbled , so the challenge is always there to improve my skills.
[signature]