Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MO. River
I am going to be in ST. Charles Mo. right by the river Fri. the 9th. I am wanting to fish the river I was just wondering if anybody had any tips on how to catch fish from the river banks and where the good places are to access the river for fishing. I am game to catch whatever Cats, bass, walleye, bluegill, crappies or what ever is bitting this time of year, Thanks.
[signature]
I am sorry for not responding sooner.

did you make it out on that day?

I know ya cant hardly go wrong with a carolina rig for them bottom feeders in the river. A nice fat jucy night crawler covering a number 1/0 or 2/0 hook compleatly... a good sinker on a drop shot rig or a slippper rig and use a good 2-3 foot leader.

this should hook you up with a number of bottom dwellers, from sturgeon to catfish.

using freshly killed live bait will do nicely by using a dead rigging on your minnow or shad.
[signature]
dead rigging refers to live minnows that are used dead. they are body hooked by rurnning the hook through the mouth through the body as deap as you can get the hook. and the barb will protrude though the back just behind the dorsal fin.

I will post a picture of this rig as soon as I can dig it up.

the nice thing about this rig is it allows the fish to swallow the hook. and if you are using large minnows you can just about bet it is going to be a big fish on the other end of your line.
[signature]
Thanks I will look foward to using it.
[signature]

here are two other methods of dead rigging.

the method I mentioned you will want a long shank hook number 4 or larger. mach the minnow with the hook...
[signature]
Thanks again, Nice greenie, I might be in town for menmorial day weekend if things go right I will surely put in some time on the water.
[signature]
dont forget to take pictures of your catches for prospareity. we have an online fishing cntest and the wall of fame to show them off at. and you can show them off here on this board as well. (dont forget to exersize your braggin rights)[Tongue]
[signature]
Your talking about fish I catch in MO right?? if so that sounds fun I will take some PICs and post on my next trip, thanks again I will drop u a line and let you know when I and flying in.[cool]
[signature]
Kool, I'll be looking forward to some "MO" action...[cool]
[signature]
Hey Dave I will be flying in Fri. or Sat. this week I will be doing some fishing whats hot around the St. Charles area?? If you know anything about that area.
[signature]