Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
summer run steelhead
I heard rumors of some solid steelhead fishing up in Oregon. If someone could drop a confirmed report I would appreciate it. I would also be interested in fishing off the beaten path if anyone has some location tips. I f any of you guys need fly boxes I have been making some great stuff! I am proud to bring the products to the community and look forward to any responses about the bite.
[signature]
Rogue = half pounders + adults. I planned a trip last fall but it fell apart for several reasons including poor runs. This year I think it's looking good but I can't go.
[signature]
Half pounders are music to the ears! We had a slow go on the southern end. But some nice fish were still found. Thank you for the heads up.
Tim
[signature]
Supposedly the best run of half pounders in 8 years. I think I heard already closing in on 200,000 in the Rogue a week or 2 ago. I think most of the smaller rivers are still too warm. Maybe I'll have to make time to go but I already have a trip planned to SE Alaska next month.
[signature]
Thanks for the solid report! I have changed plans and will spend two weeks in Soldotna playing with silvers and bows. Guess when you live one time these trips are worth it. Good luck on your trip, and try the black rockfish on the fly if you go out for halibut. They are a lot of fun!!!!!!1
[signature]
Good Luck. I'm heading to Prince of Whales Island in 2 days for a 5 day trip also targeting Silvers and rainbows. There should be a few sockeye around. I think I'll be a bit early for steelhead but I've heard the rivers on POW Island do have some steelhead every month but July so you never know. I'm no expert on Salmon fishing but I did extremely well in August with a Type III sinking line with the sockeye and silvers both and didn't have to resort to flossing.
[signature]
I am thinking positive about some early anchor river steelhead or maybe deep creek. I really hope to luck out but once i am there it just happens the way it happens. I am so exited I can not tell you. I have tied up some nice silver flies going off various patterns. Good luck on the fish seems we are both two lucky gents!
[signature]