Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cave lake this weekend
Does anybody have any tips for me, not taking the boat, will have to do the shoreline thing.

I'll try the fly & bubble, spinner and spoon thing, and post a report when I return.
[signature]
[cool]Hey 2nakiller, Try the back side of the lake;it isn't that crowded. Here are some pics from a trip last year and we only fished it for 2 hrs.- nofish.
[signature]
Powerbait you will kill them.
[signature]
Thanks Guys, hope it's not too crowded.
report and photos when I return

But for now here's a few pics from a Sierra trip 2 weeks ago
[signature]
Nice pictures! I've hunted the area but never taken the time to fish. The campgrounds are great. I always stayed in the lower campground, Elk Flats, I think it is called. Those pictures make me want to break out the canoe and head north!
BaySport
[signature]
Well , we made it up and back, first the fishing...
the trout were out but small, out of the 6 of us fishing, several from float tubes others on the shoreline we landed a total of 16 rainbows and 4 browns, with a 12" brown the biggest of the trip. This was over 3 days, not a huge number but the fishing was steady, everything came on wooly buggers, black bead head, I had a 2" trout chase a 1.5" kastmaster, but didn't get any on that lure.

The Lake View campgrounds were nice, all the spots were level, and the restrooms were serviced every morning, we had some rain Saturday night, felt good to have a nice long rain after a long Vegas summer.

The only thing about the rain was that I found that we had a major leak in the camper, well.... another project I suppose.

I'll try to get some photos up tonight after I suck them out of the camera

Here they are:

[Image: P8301240.jpg]

[Image: P8301248.jpg]

[Image: P8301252.jpg]

[Image: P8301253.jpg]
[signature]
Sounds like a good time. I have always liked that campground, clean, and the people are always nice. I hunted up there a couple years back. They offered to let me hang it up there and wash it out right there at the station. Woolybuuger is always a good fly to use. I have caught a lot of fish there but nothing big.
[signature]