Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my day at cabrillo beach
on saturday, me, aaron, chris, and another friend went to cabrillo beach. as we arrived, we saw a gigantic kelp paddy just outside of where the waves break. we decided that we wanted to fish that. so we got suited up and went down to the sand. we were waiting for that little pause between the swells before we went. we waited and waited. finally, it came. we all headed out and then the waves were back. this time it was a bigger batch of waves. chris and aaron both rode one of the waves in.but me on the other hand, well..... the wave got the better half of me. the wave broke right on top of me. my tube flipped upside down, i went tumbling underwater with the wave, and i lost my brand new rod. oh well it was cheap.

we went into shore and decided just to fish the bay. there was some kelp over there, so we fished that. I was using a rod that chris let me borrow. I caught my first fish on a plastic from a tube, and i caught my first legal sand bass from a tube. it was cool. I totally forgot about my rod.

the bass was 13 inches, but i let it go.

throughout the whole day, I caught 4 sand bass, and a lizard fish, i think thats what it was called.

joe
[signature]

Hey there DH tubinjoe,

Great hearing about all of those firsts well all except one first! For the protection of my rods, net, or gaff when tubing, I have made a teather system. I use the short, thin bungie cords (pac of 6 or 8 costs almost nothing), a big split ring and some plastic ties. Your tube should have some D rings or whatever to link your gear's teather to. I'll leave it to your imagination as to how to put it together because you may come up with a better system or components than I use.

JapanRon
[signature]