Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auotmobile internet connection
Here we go with even more hazards on our "safe Utah roads"(sarcasm intended).

Its official Chrysler LLC is adding a "special" vehicle "bonus". Thats right; internet connection in your car.

This means greater motor vehicle accidents. Already there are so many naive folks driving around while talking on their cell phones; and now the internet!

Here is the article:

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do...=1&id=7961
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Oh great another assinine idea to make murderous unsafe drivers all that much more reckless. [mad] This reminds me of some interesting statistics Ever since they introduced ABS brakes in vehicles accidents due to improper braking have only INCREASED. People think that the car will do things for them without them reacting. [/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Along with GPS navigation, expensive sterios and whatnot nonsense I wonder what tomorrow's road will look like? I just don't know why the U.S. Department of Transportation is not getting involved in these things and stopping them.[Image: bobmad.gif] Every day I see even peace officers talking on their cell phones and driving. Dang it, they should be making the roads safer. Seems to me like the only car company out there that actually has descent vehicles is Ford. They still sell models that only offer the basics without any needless nonsense such as this. [/#000000][/font]
[signature]
[#008000]Here's my answer: The Car of the Future...[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Benefits: A car that needs no internet connection, no ABS braking, a person could safely talk on the cell phone, road rage would be a thing of the past, no foreign oil dependence.[/#008000]

[inline FutureCar.bmp]

[#008000]Potential Problems:[/#008000] T[#008000]here could be a small emissions issue - but it would be mostly a concern for the immediate driver. PETA et al could have a concern with the concept, but, would PETA being upset about something really be a problem ?[/#008000]
[signature]
do you have a knife in your house ? do you have a gun in your house?

have you shot anybody with your piece lately while cleaning it? have your kids cut off all their fingers yet? are your pets all dead and disfigured?

the point is, this is just another tool... a lot of tools are dangerous, and will cause harm if their mis-used..

having the internet in your car seems to me a great tool, just not for the driver while actively driving...

sm
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]"Ever since they introduced ABS brakes in vehicles accidents due to improper braking have only INCREASED"[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#6000bf]I would love to see where you got this data. People are the idiots. There are a lot of "conveniences" that we could do[/#6000bf][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#6000bf]without. [/#6000bf][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#6000bf][/#6000bf][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#6000bf]Just because soneone buys a car without head rests, air conditioning, ABS brakes, power steering, AM FM radio, GPS, Leather interior, under coating, floor mats, extended warranty, road side assistance..... doesn't make them a better driver. Thats the problem with society, everyone trys to blame someone else for their own lack of common sense.[/#6000bf][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#6000bf][/#6000bf][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]
I actually think having the internet in your car is an awesome idea. !!! I got to agree with southernman its just a tool nothing more I dont see it any different then people havnig dvd and tv's in there cars or some reading or putting on make up. Boils down to the driver and paying attention to the road.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Fishhound you are killing me! [laugh][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000][/#000000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]For cadresults, ABS and accident statistics anyone can look at the records they have on the US Dept. of Transportation website. Good luck to us all if they start adding the internet in cars. Once they have that in, there will be webcams and before we know it people will be simultaneously talking on cell phones, and looking at friends/family while driving. You tell me what is worse, driving drunk or this?[/#000000][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]My answer to all the "extras" ( leather seats, dvd players, TVs internet connection and whatnot): needless distractions buyers pay thousands of extra dollars for. And they are something that only costs auto manufacturers a few hundred $ to put in. I aint ever paying for these "amusements." The roads to and from a fishing hole is all the scenery and pleasure I need. [:p][Wink][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Darwin was right...survival of the fittest, etc. Those who make foolish decisions will die out. It is too bad that foolish drivers often take others with them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]