Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom kayak fishing box!!!!
I have commercial fished from a kayak for 15 years. The thrill of the of the great white and life at sea has been humbled as I age. I have moved my passion back toward fly fishing and kayak fishing. I have created a great box for kayak fishing. It floats and will hold your flies, hooks or lures of choice. I cut all the foam by hand and its made in the U.S.A from partially recycled materials. My companies name is Irideus, I manufacture fly boxes. I wanted to share my GreenWater fly box with the kayak community. For me it manifests a life of fishing and kayaking. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Tip..
Trout>slow troll a pistol pete behind your kayak for great results!
Halibut>cast swim baits toward jetties or structure!
"find what you love, love what you find!"
[signature]
Welcome to the Yakkers area of the forums and thanks for your sharing here.

I love the Halibut fishing on the flyrod. I have some heavier flies that I fling out for them and they work well.[cool]
[signature]
I love messing with the halibut with flies to. I seems in the summer there are a lot of shorts right on the surfline or bay line. No high tech flys, just clouser minnows or any bait fish pattern I can tie. I fish for food sometimes and use big smelt that I slice for the injured effect. If there are anyfish holding freezer weight then the smelt offering works. I also went to braided line for leaders and line. It seems the thin line and the limp attributes assist with the buts. The rockfish are also fun on the fly if you toss some cat food out to get them worked up. Tight lines and if you need a box for your halibut flies I am making them. My company is Irideus and the products all come from a true love for our sport.
[signature]
I saw some of your fly boxes. I tend to use some very large flies and haven't found any fly boxes that can accommodate any of the larger size flies that I use.

Many of the patterns that I tie range from Gamakatsu 8/0 Octopus hooks all the way up to the Mustad 9175 16/0 bait hooks.

Some of the flies I also use for ling cod from the deep water as well as the White Sea Bass and Yellow Tail in Shallower water.

I do get some from the Yak as well as in a float tube.

I like my Yak more for the inshore Shark Fly fishing.[cool]
[signature]
It sounds like you have a great fishery at your door. The fun thing about all the fish you mentioned is you can tie flies that please you and the fish. I like making big ugly ones to for rockfish. Seems its always a crabby shrimp or fishy eel for them.
The GreenWater box was made for me and a few friends at first for steelhead and saltwater flies. I can tell you its a great box without the insult of the big business price. I am a fly fisherman making boxes not someone looking to get rich. I decided long ago to commit to a life of fishing so thats what I am bringing to the community.
If you have giant flies for shark you can put them in the box to. For malin and tuna and mako flys people hook them in sideways to pack them in. I f you feel like buying one I could give you a discount based on your obvious love for fishing. The price on the web is 26 plus shipping. I could send you one for 25 bucks free shipping. If you need one down the road I will always be around now. I am in this to be closer to fishing and fisherman. I hope you can let your friends know about the fly box maker in California.
White seabass on the fly, now you are talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]