Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey fellow Fisherman
Hello all you Arizona Catus Jumbers!! Hey Wait a minute I think I was born in Arizona. Kingman that is, where we went fishing in the nearby dry lake. I guess that is why I never caught anything there except for a sunburn. GO figure. Well I just want to say hi and that I use to fish the Colorado River a lot and Lake Mohave. See guys I know how to spell "Mohave" Not like the Californians do. (Mojave) I never could figure that on out. I hope I can be of some help someday and look forward to your posts.[Smile]
[signature]
[cool]Hey Hawk, good to have you drop in. As you can tell, there are either not many computer savvy anglers in Arizona...or they are all too bashful to get involved. There aren't many fishing message boards in Arizona, and they are mostly inner circle email rooms.

I live in Phoenix, but also lived in Boulder City...and I know how to pronouce it too. By the way, the story around here is that Mojave is pronounce with the J like an H...but only in Hune and Huly (June and July). Forget it. Bad joke.

So you are from Kingman, huh? Were you involved with any of the boys who gave Oklahoma City that fireworks show? Another bad joke. That's serious stuff.

Your profile says you play with computers. Any connection with Southernman over there?

One of these days, when I get a hankerin' to come up and visit my money in your fair city, I'll load up Tube Babe and the Fat Cats and go play with some fishies on Lake Mead.

Drop in anytime.
[signature]
CACTUS JUMPERS ? WE GOT *"STUMP JUMPERS" AND SNOWBIRDS HERE IN THE NORTH . I GUESS I'M A SNOWBIRD THAT DREAMS OF THE TROPICAL LIFE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE . WELCOME TO THE BOARDS !

* STUMP JUMPER - REFUSES TO MARRY OUTSIDE THE FAMILY IN FEAR OF POLUTING THE FAMILY BLOODLINE , HENCE THE FAMILY TREE IS LIMITED TO A STUMP ! LOL
[signature]
[cool]Or, as Jeff Foxworthy says..."Your family tree doesn't fork".

About the "Cactus Jumpers" thing, I don't know. Might refer to what ya do when ya bend over and bump yer behind on a "jumping cactus". 'Course that is a myth. The cholla does not jump. It has little barbed spines that attach to anyone passing by, so easily that you would guess that they jump on you. And...when you try to pull those spines out...against the barbs...it takes pliers and some serious "pain reliever medication".
[signature]
and they're so similar to joshua trees . .weird wild stuff . . my brother loves the saguaro . . .we have 1001 pics of us at apache lake, lake pleasant, and apache lake, next to every cactus available!

sm
[signature]
whops.....[blush][blush][blush] I forgot to sign in Boy what a dummy. I bet none of you have ever done that!

Green horn my foot I am a bonified Bait Fish!!![crazy]
[signature]
Hey Lonehunter thanks for the remarks. I guess I'll stay away for you.....LOL just kidding. Hope to see some of your posts from Nothern Arizona. By the way I lived in Flagstaff for 2 years. Did some fishing at Lake Mary and Horseshoe Lake.
[signature]
[cool]For several years, after moving to Tucson, from cold Utah, I ran around the hills and deserts with a set of cameras...shooting both film and slides. That evolved into a slide show for winter visitors (snowbirds) I called "Desert Bloomers". The out-of-towners miss most of the blooms on the cactus and other desert wildflowers, and the slide show is a "shock and awe" thing...with clouds, sunsets, lightning shots, rainbows, etc.

A big part of my show includes several reels of saguaro shapes...from G rated to XXX. I call it my "What's my line and guess my shape." I have names and captions for them and have a lot of fun with them. If you shoot a lot of pics and have a good imagination, you can do all kinds of stuff with saguaros.
[signature]
[cool]Hey Hawk person. I somehow assumed it was you. I'd like to tell you that I have never failed to log in before posting. (I'd LIKE TO...but I can't.)

About that just giving you my money. Welllllllll, I may be from Idaho, but I didn't just fall off the tater truck. What kinda odds you givin' and do you dress up in a skimpy costume and serve free drinks? I gotta get somethin' fer my leftover fishin' money. Come to think of it, they ain't no surplus, so I guess I won't be needin' yer help.
[signature]
Flagstaff , I have family there , but , WERE NOT RELATED ! LOL !

I USED TO BE A BAIT FISH TOO , IT ONLY SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY , OF COURSE THATS MY MEMORY SPAN TOO !

I USED TO BE A BAITFISH TOO , IT ONLY SEEMS LIKE YESTER ??????????????

OPPS! THERE I GO AGAIN !

WELCOME THERE NIGHTHAWK ! GLAD TO HAVE YOU ON THE BOARDS !
[signature]
Well TubeDude we will start by dazzling you by givin’ zeeee the ol’ driving tour of fabulous Las Wages…. I lost some there too! Here you will be able to see where all your money went for. Will start at the southern end of the strip and work our way north. It will be dark so put on yeeeer Sunglasses on because the lights are blinding. Hey mister get out on my way, don’t you know I am trying to drive down the Strip. What did you say? No I don’t want any XXX rated brochures. Hey you stupid SOB *&#@$$@ cabbie, you cut me off! As we try and make our way to the Mirage to see the volcano we have to stop because all the pedestrians just crossed the road so they could see the attraction. “It must be New Year’s Eve” someone says. Hey those guys just passed us going down the strip. Their just Metro on Bikes (COPS)….. Finally we get to fabulous Downtown Las Vegas. Hey look EX Mayor Jane Jones build a shelter over the street with lights. No just a tent for the homeless. Now this is where I get you. I can leave you with the homeless or you can give me all your money. Yeeeer just goanna loooooooose it anyway……..

Do you want go fishing instead? Heeeeeeeeeeee Heeeeeee Heeeeeeee ……….

Nice talking with you.
[signature]
That's scarry! I think I will stay away for you.........LOL

I've never lost my mind...... ........ no! just can't find it.

Thanks for the post.
[signature]
[cool]That all sounds like a lotta fun, as long as you don't want to lead when you take me dancin'.

I actually drive through your fair city quite a bit on my way back and forth to Utah and Idaho, to visit family and friends. I am aware of some of the "enhancements" that have been added in recent years, even though I do not succumb to the temptation of donating to the local economy.

Are you sure you are not part of one of the lounge acts? You sound like a wild and crasy guy. Oh yeah, I actually went to high school with Steve Martin, in Garden Grove, California.

Shoot me a PM one of these days. Southernman is going to be hosting my website and I might want to contract your services to do some creative artwork.

Keep on keepin' on...but don't get caught.
[signature]
oh , you don't have to worry about me , the guards at the HA-HA HOTEL keep my visitors down to a minimum . [Tongue]

tuesdays JELLO day ! and when the moon is full they give me a snazzy white coat with lots of buckels , and a cosey , comfey room all to myself , yee - haa ! [cool]

i get a la-la shot when they let us watch bill dance in the t.v. room . he once took my jello . [mad]

do you like jello ?[crazy]

i know that cabbie , he my second cousin on my sisters side of the family , twice removed , we had to replace him a couple of times , he said he was worn out from driving all day ! [shocked]

LOL! have a good one !
[signature]