Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CWD Makes it to Michigan
michigan had long enjoyed baiting and feeding deer bear and other animals.

now that CWD has found its way to a local hunting ranch in the western side of the lower pen of the state all feading of deer and other animals have been banned.

Guess we will have to go back to hunting, "Hunting Style"

not that I realy mind to much, I was never a real big baiter, and have never taken an animal off of a bait pile. Well other than a mink or muskrat [Image: bobwink.gif]

You can read more about the situation on the michigan board, here is a link to the artical [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=441769;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed"][#212126]CWD [/#212126][/url]

There is another thing now killing deer in michigan, 20 deer were found dead by a river a couple weeks ago. Here is a link to that artical.... "worth the read"
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=441718;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed"][#212126]DNR expects more Oakland deer to die before frost[/#212126][/url]
[signature]
Sorry to hear that Dave. We've got it here in Utah too.
[signature]
the deer apeared on a privet ranch, so the DNR thinks they might have it under controll.

steps and measures were put in place to harvest and test animals in the surounding areas...

as a result of thier procedures a new hunting season was put in place for deer hunters in michigan... Whooo Hooo!!![Image: happy.gif]

Read about it in Doe's and Hand Guns on this board.[Wink]
[signature]
I was out hunting turkeys last week a couple counties closer to where they found the ranch with the infected deer...

I heard over the radio.....

so far this year, from reports at harvest deer check points, no further infected deer have shown up anywhere in the state.....

crossin my fingers and toes on this one....[crazy]
[signature]