Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surf fishing reel
HI! I need a surf fishing reel for a 12' okuma rod I was thinking about a conventional reel. I want the reel to have at least 350 yds of 30 lb test line any sugestions?
Thank you
[signature]
You can easily match that one up with the Okuma Convector CV-55. Okuma SD 55L, Contoura 553, Classic Pro CL552. All of these are Okuma Reels.[cool]
[signature]
Hi! are the reels good for long casting? I want it for surf fishing. Thank you
[signature]
Are you better with spinning? These reels are conventional. The Contoura will cast the farthest for the level winds. Otherwise go without the levelwind and get the Okuma Classic.
[signature]
What model is the Okuma Rod?? Is that the Solaris? It sounds like it.[cool]
[signature]
yes, that's it, is it a good rod? thank you
[signature]
I'm thinking about buying a Daiwa eliminator surf ro of 12'
Is that a good rod? I'm trying to buy something cheap to practice the castings, whit the 12'.
[signature]
The Okuma is a good rod. I also have 2 Diawa Eliminators. One is a 12 foot 3piece and the other is a 16 foot 4 piece. They are also good rods.

They are only in spinning though. If you are going with spinning and need the extra line capacity, remember to get the Okuma Coronado CD90. You should be ok with 20 or 25lb test for the surf. There is nothing out there big enough to need 30 lb.[cool]
[signature]
Depends on what coast you're fishing on, and what time of year. East coast around NC, monster striper and red drum are caught. I even heard of a tuna being caught from the surf during the right time of year. Don't quote me on the tuna, i just read about it. [Wink]
[signature]
Hey Bro. Glad to see you back. This other member posting here is going to San Diego area. It's right in my back yard, so to speak.

There used to be times when we could get Tuna from the Piers around here. No more. You have to go plenty far just to find the schools now.[cool]
[signature]
I've been around steve, just don't have the time I use to. I can't view the forums from my work computer anymore, they show up as an actual "forum" and the software we have at work blocks it. I have limited time at home, so not alot of time on the site. I pick and choose my posts wisely, and sometimes just jump in for a wise crack to an old internet friend, or to give a quick word of advise. Usually if there are any problems, you guys have already fixed it. And if not, i'll handle it right quick. I wish theangler could set the boards up like they were, atleast how ever it was so that the forums won't get blocked on my work computer. [frown]
[signature]
You can only do so much. We got your back too. [cool]
[signature]
marito,
It's not the size that matters, it's how you work it. [Wink]
[signature]