Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Swap 2008
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]I would like to volunteer my services as fly coordinator for this year's fly swap. While we still have lots of time to give this subject some thought, would like to get the ball rolling by asking those interested to post their name [BFT handle] to this thread.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
You know that you would get more people responding IF you maybe put this in the FLY TYING section[laugh]
I'm in! Thanks Mac for telling me WHERE THIS WAS![mad]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Good idea. I'll move it up.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Do we have a FLY TOPIC? Like favorite, Terrestrials, Dries, Nymphs, Streamers, etc?
[signature]
Right On! That works for me.
How about a heads up on the Utah and the Idaho board as well. I know there are some killer Tiers out there.
[signature]
I'm in. It should be PLENTY of time to tie a dozen flies. Are you sure you want a "dry" theme for winter? Either way i am in. The last one was great and i have caught fish on almost all of the flies i got.
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Thanks lunkerhunter2. While I realize that 80% or more of a trout's diet is subsurface I personally have had good success with drys in water where temps were hovering around 40ยบ. Plus it don't hurt to build up one's supply of drys.[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I'm in. I'll be trying a red over yellow crackleback.
[signature]
You do realize, my winter dries ARE the #30 and #32's!
I will think of something cool...after all I have a killer WING BURNER SET.
[signature]
I have had it for quite awhile, but haven't used it for the past couple of years.
Have some real cool feathers too!
[signature]
this is a subject for its own thread as it has little to do with the fly swap and it will be of interest to tiers who are not going to participate in the swap.

Oh and put me down to the swap. If you want to create a website for the swap flies afterwards - iKann dodat..
[signature]
[center][Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]You are right S_F. I should know better. BTW you are on the list.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Is it me? I see 5 names with LH2 dropping out, so why are we tying 10?

OR IS THIS TWO FLIES EACH?
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Since LH2 dropped out we need to tie only 8 flies.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][fishin]
[signature]
I tied ten anyway. Some little #18 BWO. PM me an address to send them to.

FG
[signature]