Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy here
Just wanted to say hello. I am From NC and have been flyfishing for around 30 years. Still use a old old Wes Jordan . I am going to Boise from Oct. 6-16 for business and would love to find out about Boise and the fishing there. Thanks Tim
[signature]
Welcome to the site lefty, you should find lots of great info here that will help you in your flyfishing. We have a fly fishing board and the Idaho board can hopefully help you with your questions about fishing in the Boise area. Here is a link to the Idaho board:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=25;%20<br"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=25;%20<br[/url]>
[signature]
hiya lefty (Ive always wanted to say that..:-)
and welcome to the BFT...this is a great site with a lot of information and lots of great people willing to help a fellow angler out if needed..

here is a link to the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Idaho_Fishing_Forum_C22/"]Idaho forum[/url] that I am sure will help you out with any questions you may have for your pending trip to that state..

again.. welcome to the BFT and we to forward to seeing posts from you on your fishing adventures (including pics if ya want)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Glad you got to say that. I look forward to this site . Thanks Tim
[signature]
lol.. welcome Tim.. enjoy the site and please dont hesitate to ask questions if the need arises..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there leftyoates and welcome to the BFT. Aside from what the rest of the welcoming committee has suggested, would like to invite you to drop in on the Fly Forum. Here is the link:[/size][/#008000][/font]

[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=69"]Fly_Fishing_forum[/url]
[center]
[signature]
Welcome aboard lefty and thanks for taking the time to register.

New members are always welcome here and new FF members are a real treat.

I have been to NC on several occasions and really love the fishing out there. One of my main spots there was the Hiwassee River. Good place for nice Trout.
[signature]
Hi! I'm a newbie here too. Can someone explain to me how to subscribe to a thread? I couldn't find anything about that in the FAQ, or anywhere else for that matter.
[signature]
Hi basscaster (a.k.a. Jim from PA) ... and welcome to the BFT.. hopefully this will help you:

At the top center of the page click on the link that say profile..

On the right center of that page there is a link that says edit forum preferences.. click on it..

Once that page comes up you will see a series of tabs .. click on the one that says subscriptions..

Put a checkmark in the ones that you want and then save your changes..

MacFly
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there basscaster & welcome to the BFT. BTW you have quite an impressive resume`. It's a wonder that you have any time left to fish.[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Basscaster, looks like you will be a great addition to our site, thanks for signing up and contributing. WH2
[signature]
Well, Dryrod, unfortunately my resume is pretty much a list of past accomplishments. I'm on disability now, the result of declining health ever since an accident in 1989, and don't do much except run the kids around, fish, play on the computer, take pictures and feed my head.

I must admit, though, I haven't been bored for a minute since I stopped working in October 2000. I've always thought that it was important to keep learning new things and to keep exploring, so I have my head and my hands (in some cases my feet, too, though I have neuropathy and can't walk too far) in a lot of projects.

But my favorite is still fishing, because it's a chance to get away from the teen-agers and the noise and the hustle-and-bustle, clear my head, enjoy the beauty of nature and smoke a good cigar without someone bitching at me about the smell! [cool] It's also a good opportunity to take outdoor photos, which is really my favorite photo niche.
[signature]
The pleasure's all mine. After all, the next best thing to fishing is talking/chatting/writing about fishing! [fishin]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hey there basscaster - sorry to hear about your disability, but glad to hear that you still can get out & wet a line. Oh & a good cigar makes it even better. Likewise I'm into photography. If the fish are playing shy, then out comes the camera to shoot a couple of natures best. Good luck to you all. BTW have you been able to subscribe to the forums that interest you?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]