Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results of Surf Fishing Derby! Cardiff Beach
First of all,it was truly a day to remember.Just like "I" remembered last year,cold,rough,and miserable! But thats what you should expect in a Tournament.For 3 hours my hypothermia feet cold not take the punishment of the water and me only having 6oz. of total weight on the books,and then finally a voice emerged from a 2-way radio! "it's Wide Open over here! and the stats, holds, # 22---With 10lbs.7oz. current Leader.?????????"I" Obviously Cry Out "WHAT THE @##$#"!!!!!! Yes THE Truth HURT! But with the clock ticking,I Flew to the water inlet,a mile away,and Behold!"The GOLDEN HOLE"!!! from 11:30-to 3:00pm Tourny END time,I had to try My HARDEST to ,AT LEAST,build up my Tare' weight,from 6oz to OVER 10lbs! I TO KNOW MY LIMITATIONS! and even with 8lbs.+ I still felt a personal win.THE EXACT RESULTS ARE STILL GOING TO BE POSTED SOON ON this site!!! HIGHLIGHTS: 14 lb. Halibut 21 lb. ShovelnoseShark Corbina NUMEROUS up to 7lb. Range! Many over a pound Perchs,And A first for me! Sand Bass in Surf,and a Girabaldi,It was Crazy!!!!BUT "I' MUST GIVE CREDIT,WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!! Cody Olivias of Carlsbad,Won The Junior Angler Division,And SET some IGFA "Alltackle Division" RECORDS!!! Absolutely First String,in everyones book!!! to much fun,and foot pain worth every Moment! SEE RESULTS OFFICIALLY POSTED SOON! all,I can really tell those who didn't go is, "When The KING say's So!,it IS So!!!!!or,I TOLD YOU SO!!!!! Daze Later,and I'm Still Hyped! Cardiff State Beach,Check our California State Parks Web Site for Directions.UNREAL,wondering when to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![Wink]
[signature]

Hey there ROMEROFISHERKING,

Thanks for the report. It sounds like the catching was great with the fishing a little cold until the adreneline started pumping on those fish in round 2.

It'll be interesting to see what the final stats are, who won the accolades and what the plans are for the next event. I'm also especially interested in that potential IFGA junior record, if you happen to have more details or know where I might get 'em.

I don't blame you for still being excited about this event. It was just a one day event last Saturday, right?

JapanRon
[signature]
LOL ! love the report , but cold ? ya gotta try the fishing here !
[signature]
My,apolgy to my Type error,Cody Olivas!Keep in touch,and once again,Great Job!And thanks Especially,to "YOU ALSO" Robert,for your active participation in Your,son's and your Love of Fishing.These are the BONDS,that will last a lifetime and are truly priceless!I hope Paul, has talked to you by now?Let me know.
[signature]