Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone from CO out there?
Anyone catching any walleyes out there?
[signature]
Yea, last week we caught a bunch of walleyes up at Carter Lake. We caught them between 1 pm and 5 pm and after 5 pm they would not bite anymore.
[signature]
Didn't you and your wife win the Cherry Creek Icebreaker?? Congratulations!

Nice to see you back!
[signature]
ill make a post about where to go as soon as i get my weapon [laugh]
[signature]
the place i have always had a great time catching lots of decent wall eyes is sanchez res. donw in souther co. it was closed last week cause someone drowned and they couldent find the body. take a boat, launch from the ramp, head towards the island. once your facing the island sorta meandor to the right and fish the long weed bed along shore. stump jumpers in yellow or green kill the wall eyes there. you always manage to hook a northern or two also. its worth the trip, trust me.
[signature]
At $4.00/gal., an ole' guy on retirement like me can't afford to pull his boat all the way down there and back. Looks like I'll spend the summer fishing closer to home!

Regards, & Good Fishin',
Rack-N-Rod by
[signature]
been catching plenty of walleye at Martin Lake (Walsenburg), but they're mostly in the 2 lb. range. great eating if you like that. (it's one of the only freshwater fish I'll catch and eat) I know there are much larger walleye at Martin, and if I got out there on the boat I'd see some of those. I mostly fish this lake from shore, though. there's a nice spot that holds walleye, pike and some bass with a deep ledge and big flats...tied together by a nice point.

I also did ok last time I was out at Cherry Creek Res. by fishing the western edge of the dam.
[signature]