Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaska with Dad!!
[Smile] This year I got the chance of a lifetime, I went on an Alskan course with my wife her best freind and my Dad& Mom. When we arived in Juneau my Dad & I got to go salmon fishing for a while. [fishin] The boat we took was named KHAOS and we had a 45 min. ride out to the area we were to fish.[sly] There was 6 of us fishing and we drew card's for potion.[Wink] We had a realy sharp capt. and he was able to get us on the fish quick,at first we lost a couple then,the young lady from Oklahoma that had never fished for anything before made the first catch,a12lb.silver.[shocked] In the time we had to fish we had 14 strike's and landed 5 silver's. Then on the ride back we was able to see a humpback whale and a large bald eagle.[sly] I landed a 10 lb. my Dad landed an11 lb. silver, What a wounderful memory for the too of us and to be able to do it together.[:p]
[signature]
Hi there Jig_Jrk and welcome to the BFT. I caught my first salmon taking an excursion out of Ketchikan. Likewise I was on a cruise. A shipmate acquaintance & I lucked out by being the only two guys to hook up with a captain of a small boat. We were out of port in minutes and probably fishing before the other cabin cruiser size boats even got a chance to leave the dock. Arrange with the purser to have the fish cooked and served the next night. Damn that was sure good eating
[signature]
Welcome to the intro board Curt(great first name), thanks for stopping by. I've been to Juneau also, it is a beautiful place to visit. Sounds like you had a fun fishing trip with your Dad, memories I'm sure you will never forget. Let us know if you have any questions about BFT, we are here to help. WH2
[signature]
Hi there hd6374 and welcome to the BFT. Sorry to say that I had to edit your post as you did not adhere to the new members posting rules. For further clarification kindly click this link:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Introductions_C77/Introductions_Board_F295/gforum.cgi?post=436275;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]