Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
national morel mushroom festival
National Morel Mushroom Festival: 5/16/2003 - 5/18/2003 - Boyne City -

National Morel Mushroom Festival, Downtown Boyne City. For more info, phone 231/582-6222
[signature]
couple of days ago a good friend of mind stopped by.
He just got back from Boyne city on a work related trip and when he told me to come out side he has something to show me. I new he had something good. When he opened his trunk my eyes just about popped out of my head, he had the most morels I have ever seen!! He had gathered over 25lbs of morels and I think the smallest one he had was 4 inches but the mack daddy one towered over 11 inches tall. I thought it was a tree not no mushroom!! He gathered over 20lbs in three days over 10 miles of hiking.
He said there is alot of mushroom up there this year and everyone who is anyone can find a mushroom this year.
[signature]
HAD A FRIEND UP IN CHARLIVOIE (?) DO THE SAME THING , 50 LBS. IN ONE DAY . PRICES ARE AROUND $30. TO $50. A POUND ON THE ROADSIDES .

DID HE GIVE YOU A FEW TO SAMPLE ? SHAKE EM' OFF IN YOUR YARD OR FLOWERBED , HORSE MANUIRE AS A FERTILISER , YOU MIGHT HAVE SOME HOMEGROWN NEXT YEAR !

THEY ARE SO GOOD ! HOW'S THE BACK ? GETTING BETTER ?
[signature]
YUP. He gave me 1lb or 2lb I don't need that many because the past couple of weeks I have picked alot myself. I have put about 3lbs in the frezzer so far. Today I will take the kids to my honey hole to pick the rest. I have about 75 yellows and 50 blacks to pick. The kids like finding them too. It's better then a Easter Egg hunt. About 5 years ago I cut down an elm tree in my yard and I left the stubbed there. Last year was the first year that the morels started to grow around it and this year I have got 12 monsters from it. It's been a great way to teach the kids how morels grow and how fast they can grow when the weather is right. Nothing beats its when you got morels growing in your yard. For the back, I'm back to 100%. For about 2 weeks there I thought it was never going to get back to normal.
[Smile][Smile]HAPPY HUNTING TO ALL[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
[Image: HOLL7787CustomImage0322185.jpg]OUR FAVORITE SPOT WAS CLEAR-CUT A COUPLE WEEKS AGO . WERE STILL ON THE HUNT FOR A NEW AREA .[unsure]
[signature]