Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua
I had to go to Brigham city to buy a U-tube (I have a doughnut tube & a pontoon boat already), so I stopped in for 1 1/2 hrs at Mantua. I tried unsuccessfully for bass for 1/2 hour so I switched to perch. Nothing big at all - only up to 7 or 8 inches. I like tubedudes setup with his U-tube and I wanted to try it out. It worked fine, definitely easier to control and sit in. Next time I'll hit UL. Last time weI met Angler Dan & Fish finatic. Should've brought our float tubes. We didn't get any cats at all but watched the masters at work. Thanks for the pointers guys. Here is a pic of Angler Dan reeling in a 5 lber.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Congrats on your new craft. But, if you don't get a fish basket for those perch, you are likely to get some holes in your air bladder...or yourself. Been there, done that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That one picture of the larger perch really shows how skinny the perch have become in Mantua. I would think they have plenty of food, but both the numbers and sizes have dropped off in the last year or so. And, they are not nearly as healthy as the perch from many other lakes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Those kitties in Utah Lake are lots of fun to catch from a tube or toon. The big ones will pull you around a bit and like to take you around and around a few times before agreeing to put their head in a net.[/#0000ff]
[signature]