Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making shrimp stink better
I had been sticking with sonny's stink bait with catfish tubes and trebles but am really interested in trying the carolina rig with shrimp and around 6/0 circle hooks. However as mentioned in another post, I am not sure about an asian market around here to get the unwashed shrimps. I was curious if maybe it would be a good idea to maybe put them in a ziploc bag when they are thawing with some garlic salt or something like that to maybe get them stinking up a little better? I could always lightly dip the shrimps once on the hook into the tub of stink bait just to get a little on there.

I have been doing decent with channels this year with the trebles hooks and stink bait but usually seems 3 to 4 hit and misses for each guy I get in, was thinking maybe the circle hooks will help with this.

Was just thinking: Would it matter using shrimp for bait in the midwest? I'm not on the coastal areas like some of the guys on here. Didn't think it would matter but thought I should ask
[signature]
I have hit many freshwater havens all over the US while using shrimp. Shrimp have worked in 41 of the 50 states that I have fished in.

The Asian market shrimp, as you pointed out are the best there is when it comes to shrimp.

I don't use any added scent but if you choose to add anything, I would suggest the Pro Cure scents. It is liquid and easily absorbs into the Shrimp.

I also use Owner Circle hooks or I use the Gamakatsu Tru Turn Bass hooks. The Shrimp will thread on there nicely and you can get a secure bite once the Cat takes off with your bait.[cool]
[signature]