Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh What A Berry Great Day
Yes I fished the Berry to day, got there at 6:30 no wind but a few rain drops...

The water temps was 56 at O dark 30 and the Cuts were in the maude to play...

Got my first one on a spook and then three more on maybe 10 casts..

Put the spook down and tried the Mikey Jr. and got two but missed three or four others that just didn't want to hang on...

Next I cast out a lucky craft white pointer 78 and didn't have a chance to reel before I had one more, left the boat ramp after boating 14 cuts from 20" to 23 3/4" ...

Moved to another spot but no one wanted to play so I ran over to Soldier creek, working a few points and about 1/2 mile of shore line I got three more by the time I got to the boat ramp...

Moved to the coves behind the docks and found some more to play with, at the far north end of this cove I got three rain bows 20 1/4" and 22" and a 22 3/8" all was fat with big belles I weighed one of them at 4.6 lb...

Headed back out of the cove to the long point by the boat ramp and got four more..

Then a buddy that I fish with,Brent was waving at me to come over to him, when I got there he told me his lower unit was broke..

I took him in my boat back to the ramp at the Berry side for his truck (his boat was at Soldier creek ramp)...I hit one more point and boated four more and headed home..

Not sure how many I caught, but I did get a few they are in the moss beds chasing the small chubs and small bows...

The only lure other then the ones above was the Gulp minnow on the drop shot that caught the bows and I used a tube but was getting smaller fish so I went back to the lucky craft...Water temps when I left was 57....But you who waits may lose out...

Life is too short, go fishing...[fishin]
[signature]
Great report there Rods,

I had planned to be there too but at the last minute, the man with the boat chickend out and said that the wind was going to be bad.

Oh well, maybe next week.

Again, thanks for that great report.
[signature]
There was no wind to speak of, if you want to go up next week let me know...
[signature]
I must have been right behind you Cliff, I launched at around 7 am, I must have passed you while you were fishing near the ramp. And indeed it was a great day, glad I went today and beat the worst of the storm. Off and on rain, sun mix. We boated around 40 cutts, mostly coming out of the shalllows again. I will post the pics when my buddy send them to me. Remo
[signature]
I was over by the wake less buoy and docks area, not as big of a boil but it was fun...

The ones who think the cuts don't get in the shallow water till the temps get lower is just missing out... fish the fish not the temps..
[signature]
GREAT report and I plan to be there one way or another next week - at least once - hopefully twice. Gonna break out a few new lures and try 'em for the big boys - proven pattern (you know which fall swim one I am referring to) in bigger sizes to see if I can find a 28"+ that wants to play...that's the plan.
[cool]Man, Cliff. You are getting to be a slimer chaser, LOL! Glad you got into them slimy fishies today. That sounds like fun...
[signature]
There is a few that big and bigger...[Wink]
[signature]
I wasn't fishing for slimers I thought it was a wiper boil... And I was just up there for the bass, after all the Berry is a great bass lake...[crazy][crazy][sly]
[signature]