Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for next time ?
Well, I'm back from visiting all my relatives in and around Denver and my son in Guffey and didn't do any fishun. [frown] Didn't have time. Next time I hope to spend more time in Guffey.
Therein is my request. When I got home I found my old fishun map with some areas circled but danged if I can remember any specifics, since it's about 100 yrs. old, well almost. [Smile] When driving down hwy 9 from Fairplay to Hartsel, I once again notieced a creek paralleling the hwy that looked interesting. The best I can tell it's Sacramento Crk.???? It goes into the South Platte E. of Harsel which then goes into Spinney Res.. I have the South Platte in that area circled as good fishun. So-----------, what's the latest? Is the creek any good and what about the S. Platte? Are they good choices for fishun around Guffey?
[signature]
Leaky-

Some of the public sections of the So. Platte are okay. Much of it is private. I haven't fished that particular creek, so I don't know about it.

Antero Res. has been rehabilitated and is once again fishing very well for those who know it. It had a serious winterkill, but I can assure you, some of the pigs survived and the fish that were stocked after ice-off in early May at 9"-11" have been growing 1.5" per month since then. It's going to be an awesome ice-fishing season again!

The Dream Stream between Eleven Mile and Spinney has numbers of good fish and runs of spawning rainbows in the Spring and browns in the Fall.

This is also prime time for big pike and Eleven Mile is kicking out good numbers of bigger fish lately and will through October.
[signature]