Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Wiper Writeup
[cool][#0000ff]I have received quite a few requests for the writeup I have been working on..."WILLARD BAY WIPERS". Rather than keeping it under wraps and just sending out a few select copies by PM, I am posting it on the board for any and all to copy and use however they wish. No copyrights. No royalties. I will leave it up for about a week before removing it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks to Drew Cushing, the Warm Water Fisheries Director, and to Craig Schaugaard, Aquatic Program Manager for the Northern Region of DWR. They provided some great information to help in the factual department. Interesting and sometimes surprising.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks also for the feedback I received from the few masochists who requested advance copies, to review and critique. To those who liked it, THANKS. To those who didn't...TOUGH BEANS.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also attaching my version of a labeled map of Willard Bay, showing some of the pertinent features discussed in the writeup. It is suggested that serious Willard Fans get a larger map and a GPS and make their own personal hot spot map.[/#0000ff]

[#ff0000][size 4]I am removing the links to the writeup and map. Anybody who wants a copy can get one by sending me a PM request.[/size][/#ff0000]

[signature]
Wow Pat that is quite the write-up even by your high-established standards.[Smile] Well done.
[signature]
Nice work Pat. A good read for the novice or advanced Wiper angler.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#500050][size 4]Thanks TD, you out did yourself again, Great info for all ,[fishin] I like the Map, good for new ones to willard [cool] [/size][/#500050][/font]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif]Nice work. I appreciate the time and effort you put into the guide. I have never fished exclusively for Wipers, but will have some great information to get started.

Thanks!
[signature]
Pat,

You have sucessfully made me miss terribly the fun that I had when I lived in Okalahoma watching and enjoying the boils of wipers...I enjoyed the read. Thanks for posting it.
[signature]
Pat, me thinks it's about time you get your bad self published again!

Kevin
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Very detailed and educational. Mighty nice of you to do it like that. [Smile] Looks like I will have to put that write up to use on Willard. [fishin][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
WOW!!!!! Great job Pat![fishin]
[signature]
Pat, that was greatly appreciated by me. That will help me find those elusive wipers and have greater success with my grand kids. It prints out a lot of pages but gives me some thing to read at work.

cc
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks everybody. I appreciate your appreciation.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thank you very much Pat. With this and the other, I owe you. Hopefully we will meet up soon.

Your dedication and your passion of fishing will mentor all who come to this site. I hope to take all I have learned from you and teach it to my teenagers and to my Grandkids when I am old enough to have them.

Thank you for all you do it is very much appreciated.

Kent B.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the kindly comments.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yes, we will have to get together somewhere on the water. My wife fishes with me all the time, like yours does with you. Maybe we can console each other while the "girls" outfish us.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Man, it sure is tough sometimes shaking off the big fish so the wife can keep "top rod" honors for the day. But, it pays big dividends in the "domestic bliss" department. Better than having to live on "hot Tongue and cold shoulder" if you beat them too bad while fishing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Wow. Thanks for the info and your effort.
[signature]
now that was some great reading. Well done TD. Map was nice and detailed might have to laminate that one and put it in the boat. Of all the years ive fish Willard I occasionally find myself slightly off course! [:/]. Maybe the map will help.
Once again Well Done!!!!
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you liked it, and all that, but please do not use my crude markings as a navigational aid. I guarantee that if you cruise Willard looking for those red marks you ain't gonna find any.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Kinda like after I watch the weather forecast, with all those lines and colored arrows. I run outside and look up in the sky and I never see any of that stuff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Holy cow, methinks you've outdone even yourself this time! I haven't had time to read every word yet, but I will - - probably more than once. This is one I'll save. I really like the map. (I wish someone would come up with a Willard Bay map with depth profiles. Maybe if the water would stay deep enough for long enough to do it....) Reading about Willard Bay always gets me excited to get up there. I guess I'll plan a trip up there with my tube in the next few days. I can't think of anywhere better to be, except maybe Strawberry. Maybe.
[signature]
Thanks Tubedude, I don't fish a lot but I check out BFT almost daily to see what you have to share with the rest of us, I wish I had some of your fishing knowledge. I hope to meet you someday. Thanks for all you do to keep it interesting.
[signature]