Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yep Jordanelle Again
We got on the water this morning at 7:30 and Jerry got the first bass brent got # 2 and then it was my turn..

The air temp. was 39* and it felt warm from yesterday and the fishing was slower and smaller fish, the water was 58*...

We used many lures but only got bass on three types of lures Senko type drop shot and tubes, most of the bigger bass came on senko and drop shot...

We boated 26 fish but only 5 was over 12" and the biggest was 17 1/2" we headed home at 1:00...
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
How deep were you guys fishing?
and were you up rock cliff arm?
Travis
[signature]
They came from 5' to 25' on the main lake we went in the mouth of Rock cliff's was all..

We would find one here and their, but they were picky on what they wanted...
[signature]
It sounds like we did about the same as you...well, except, I stay away from all those dinks under 12". [cool] I took my friend from work fishing with me today. He hasn't caught a fish since he was a Webelo scout, so I figured we needed to change that. I ended up catching 5 over 12" with the biggest one going about 17"...and I couldn't quite get my friend to boat any of the bigger ones, but he had some fun and caught some of those dinks that I didn't mess with. All 5 of my bigger bass today came in water 20-25ft deep.

I actually saw the biggest smallmouth I have EVER seen today though. I'm not very experienced on big smallmouths, but I have been in the boat when a 6lber was caught before...and this fish I saw today...DWARFED that. It was sick! We were fishing a rocky point that had a lot of brush on it. There was some brush in about 15-18ft of water that extended up to about 5ft below the surface. That's when I saw it...just suspended right at the top of the brush. At first it looked so big I thought for sure it must be a carp. Well, all of the sudden it turned to the side and I got a good look at at least an 8lb smallie. I quickly tied on a swimbait and brought it right by her, and she charged it, but didn't eat it. I tried throwing it by her several more times but to no avail. After a few minutes she got tired of the games and dove down to the base of the brush where I couldn't see her. I stayed in that area for another 20 minutes or so tossing all kinds of baits, but no luck. [frown] Is it too much to ask for one giant smallmouth before I move to TX? I've had visions of that thing charging my swimbait replaying in my mind all day. That will probably haunt me forever.
[signature]
It sure is nice to see one like that and just as good to catch it and let it swim away and know that its your fish...

This time of year you can get lots of big fish one day and small ones the next, but thats fishing next time you see a big one like that use a senko type bait weight less wacky....

Where in TX are you moving to???
[signature]
That was actually my next attempt after the swimbait...I was able to throw 3 baits at her while she was still within view...well, I guess 4 technically. First I pitched my drop-shot rig at her because that's what I had in my hand. Then I realized, well, I don't think she's going to want a little 4" worm that sinks down past her pretty quick...so I realized that was useless pretty quick. Then I threw the swimbait...got the charge on the first cast, but then that was it. After about 8 more casts of her not looking at it, that's when I picked up my 5" wacky-rigged senko and made a few casts with that (tried 2 colors), but she didn't seem to care at all about those. So then I picked up my rainbow trout colored spook that I had tied on another rod, and after working it over her head she followed it for about 10ft, but then that's when she dove down deeper. Once she was out of view, I threw a whole slough of things into that brush she was suspended over, and the surrounding area...but nothing...

I'm moving to Austin next week on the 16th... weeeee!!!
[signature]
Good luck and keep posting with pictures so we can see and hear how your doing...
[signature]
You will love Austin if you like bass fishing. Where are tons of lakes there. Head out to Lake travis as one of the first. Lots o bass there. I lived there last summer...
[signature]