Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Hunt Turkey in Your State?
Do You Hunt Turkey in Your State?

if not dose your state have a turkey planting or introduction program?

If ya hunt them out of state your welcome comment.
[signature]
I have no desire to kill one Dave.[Wink]
[signature]
did once that was enough.
[signature]
I did it once a few years back and that was enough for me. The price here in utah is more than a deer tag but a little less than a elk tag. Not worth it in my opinion but it was fun to do once.
They have been planting turkeys for years now and their numbers are at a record high. Some private land owner are actually having problems with them because their numbers are so high. They hang around the feed lots and have been know to fly into windshields[mad]. The landowner that told me about the problems they are having with them, said I was welcome to come up and shoot as many as I want, of course he did not know the limit was one[crazy]. Anyway, when I got mine it was easy, I went up one day and scoped the area out, the next day I went up and got my bird, it was just like hunting deer[Wink].
[signature]
It's actually somewhat difficult to draw a tag in Utah, so I don't even bother. It only costs me a little more to drive 30 minutes over the border to Idaho and I can kill 2 birds a year, with tons more birds and public land to hunt them on!