Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apron on new FC4
As I said in my last post, I loved the FC4, but like most everyone else, I think the apron is useless. Shirley's FC4 is one of the newer ones without the rings, but has the slots that you slide plastic strips into that are supposed to support the apron. Has anyone turned a hard plastic tub lid into an apron using the strips that slide in?
[signature]
I'm assuming she plans to use the apron for something other than fly line stripping? If all you're looking for is a little rigidity, check out my mod:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Float...on;#429349

Otherwise you could do a simple piece of corrugated plastic under the stock apron and a tub lid above and rivet it all together through fender washers.

_SHig
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have helped a couple of Utah tubers rig up a rigid apron with the new Outcast designs, but not using the "Tab A in Slot B" system. But, I am sure that you could cut a piece of 1/2" PVC about 4" long, bolt it to the lid and use it to slide down into the slots. Might have to flatten it or cut it lengthwise to fit. Worth a try.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Unfortunately, when they came up with their "rigid" apron design, they did away with the D rings on the front top that made it easier to rig a retrofit apron.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Your apron looks great. I like your rod holder too. Will have to make a run to Home Depot tonight.
Thanks
[signature]