Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall run
On my way down for our fall trip. Has anyone had good reports from spring mad to pawleys. Have been told the spots were hitting a few days ago. I'm comeing for flounder and trout. Not been here in a few and hope yall are feeling your live wells full or at lest half way.
[signature]
The trout were getting slammed just off the beach. Anchor the boat off either just off springmaid or surfside pier. Both areas have a patch of live bottom and/or structure you'll pick up on the sonar. You'll also see the trout a lot of times on the sonar too. Live mullet or fresh cut bait on a carolina rig. Don't go too light though, I hear the bull drum are hanging around too. It would suck to get spooled by a big red. LOL!!!!! good luck, and let me know how you do. You might not make it out this weekend though, it's going to blow pretty bad. 4' seas close inshore.
[signature]
We just got back home today and we had a good trip. Hooked up on some trout and flounder as well as whitting. Got something for the frig everyday we went out. We were on the Island , did not go to the pire or out on a boat. Wish I could get out on one to hook up on a good red. Never had one that I could take home to tast. Maybe on day. The ran came down like mad Friday but we still got 5 keeper trout Sat. morning. The north end of the Pawly was to many people so we left thinking the day was done but on the south we hit it good and on one to fish around.
[signature]