Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: What is you favorite walleye lure/bait through the ice?
I have very little experience fishing for eyes through the ice but the ones i have caught were on airplane jigs tipped with wax worms suspended off the bottom in 30' of water. I would like to know what you guys like and use most often.[cool]
[signature]
What are the "other" lures of choice?
[signature]
I haven't caught one this year yet, but yesterday I fished with a perch jigging rap with a worm on the bottom hook, had a nibble but think that was a trout.
[signature]
I have not caught any walleye this season but i did get a nice tiger musky a week ago.[Smile]
[signature]
I saw your report and pic. Very nice[Wink] I still haven't found one up at Dog Creek, here in Idaho. Where do you think they would be in a res. that is only 20' at the deepest. Still in the shallow end or just anywhere?
[signature]
I never fished that one when i lived there. What kind of structure or humps/points do you have in it? The hard core pike guys fish the edges of reefs and points while fishing on top of it for perch, gills, eyes, and the like. They are probably near the baitfish.
[signature]
Well I am not sure about the how much structure will be on the points, but I caught the 2 small bass By a beaver hut that during the soft water days I saw he had stored up alot of branches for his winter supply. I figure that would hold bait fish and should then be a place for a tiger to cruise by. Do they dive for cover when hooked or just try to run? I just rigged up a new 28' fraybill med ice rod for walleye with some 10/4 fireline so I wonder if that would be enough for one of them.
[signature]
They like to make long runs and will head for cover if given the chance. Your 10# will work but i suggest a wire leader or a 40# or 50# leader.[cool]
[signature]