Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sore Arm (Tippy)
My boss needed me to go to Traverse City this morning so of course I stopped at Tippy on the way back to Grand Rapids. [fishin]

I was pleasently surprised to see a Bigfishtackle.com sticker on the fishermans sign at the top of the stairs. (Picture to come)

It was a great day with lots of action. 4 1/2 hours of fishing and I hooked up with 9 Kings. Landed 4 and kept 2 of them for the dinner table. (Two were pretty dark and bout dead) The other 2 were in good shape and were still pink when I cleaned them. 15.7 lbs and 10.2 lbs.

The 15 lb King put up a huge fight. Took a good 40 minutes to land it. I had several other fish on throughout the day but lost them after about 10 minutes into the battle. Lost a pretty decent one within 5 feet of the net after bout 20 minutes. [frown]

[url "javascript:;"][Image: salmon_2008_013.jpg][/url]

I'm sure I would have landed more but someone on this site (Not naming names but his name rymes with Bonehunter [Wink]) recommended that I switch to 10 lb Yo-Zuri Hybrid for more hookups.

[Image: i119281sq01.jpg]

More hookups alright... and more re-tying when the 15 lbs kings roll a couple times and then take off .... SNAP !!! [frown] (It really does seem to be good line with no tangles. I'm actualy starting to like using the lighter line for the big beasts. Puts a lot more sport into fight instead of just cranking them in with the 15 or 20 lbs stuff. (I just had to razz a certain someone is all.) [Wink]

Couple of guys upstream from me landed a total of 7. (Lots easier netting them when ya got a buddy to help out)

To listen to bait shop guy and talking to the guys up there fishing it would seem as through the Salmon run was winding down but their seemed to be plenty of fish in the river for me today. Most were in "ok" shape with a few darks ones mixed in between. No sign of Stealhead or Coho. One guy landed a small Brown trout in the coffer.

I had hookups using spawn, flies and hot pink rapalas.
[signature]
if it were any consulation, I was using 14 lb last week, lots of hookups, lots of breaks to booty, and I had a netting bud, but I spent more time retying his losses than I did fishing the first half of the night....[laugh]

lighter line dose = more hookups... but if you cant walk down stream with them you are going to loos-um..[Wink]

great pic....
[signature]
Here is the pic of the sign at the top of the stairs at Tippy dam I was telling you about. Bigfishtackle.com sticker looks pretty good there eeeeeh?

[url "javascript:;"][Image: uss221.jpg][/url]
[signature]
looks like a good place for big fish [:p] Just fallow the sigh... lol
[signature]
Now who would do a thing like that[angelic] .
Did you see the one in the outhouse ?

Nice looking fish , wished I coulda gone but those stairs , man I just hurt thinking about them , lol !

I go back to work this friday[cool] , i walk like a toddler [Image: happy.gif] .
[signature]