Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my trophies

[signature]
Nice fish. I don't recall seeing any burbot that large come out of FG. How long was it and any idea how much it weighed?
[signature]
I don't think there are any that big in the gorge...yet. i can't remember the exact length, i think 35 or 37 inches. Weight was right at 12 pounds. Also got a 9 pounder that same day.
[signature]
correction... 42-44 inches for the big one.
[signature]
So what UTAH lakes did all your trophies come from???
[Wink]
[signature]
gorge and as for the rainbow, nobody will get it out of me. [Wink]
[signature]
They both look like breeders from the trout farm.[sly]
Cold Water Springs trout farm???

I really don't care where you caught them, but to qualify as trophies on the Trophy page the moderator will have to verify that they were caught in Utah. So you will have to PM him a few details, unless you just want your trophies seen on here and not on the trophy page.
Nice fish anyway [Wink]
[signature]
There isn't a trout farm or hatchery within 100 miles of where I got them. If it means giving up my secrets, I guess they will never be trophies to you guys.
[signature]
I'm just giving you crap man [cool]

I don't care where you caught them, but they are definitely trophy size and would probably qualify for records in certain waters.
From the looks of the fish and where you are. I would say that it is a private pond stocked with trophy sized farm raised rainbows. I don't know many places where you can catch 15lb rainbows from the shore. That's just my stupid opinion though[crazy]
[signature]
if you look around the tail of the smaller rainbow you can see rapids of the river. the bigger one didn't even hit 10 pounds, the pic just makes it look big.
[signature]
I know where you were, don't worry, your secret is safe with me.[Wink]
[signature]
The shirt you have on would suggest that you are a Wyoming boy. There aren't too many places worth coming over here to fish (that are close) from Wyoming other than the Green River and the Gorge. I know you fish the Gorge a lot and rainbows that big are common out of there, but since you are fishing a river, I would have to say the Green River.[cool]

Do I win the prize???
[signature]
I'll never tell. hahahahaha [:p]
[signature]
HA!!! I gotcha! [sly]
If it wasn't the Green, you would have said "NO". Now I know it's the green [cool]

Don't worry man, The Green river covers a lot of land. Nobody knows where you caught it. I fish the Green almost every year. I love that place with a passion, now I just need to land a 10 pounder like that. All I catch are browns and little planter bows [:/]
[signature]