Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the story...
These WILL get bit… if the tuna are eating Flying fish, use the double hook one with the clear skirt over it, it has to be the Aurora color clear, it turns purple in the water, make the blue / pink strands 6 inches with the 3 inch aurora. Tie direct, drop back 50 to 100 ft. behind the boat, just over idle & jig with rod so it fizzles on the surface. ALL size tuna Will eat this so go as heavy line as you can if needed as they will inhale the hook & cutting off on teeth at color is a real problem.---<br><br><br>I have always used the rubber strips on the single but some of the newer salt water fly’s should work. The top right jig is the “Original”, the fly’s might be good to. Go light on strands, one or two pieces, too much & it doesn’t bite as well. “KISS” No outer skirt, just the hook with a couple pieces of rubber tied on. Tie direct. Blue / pink is good, ONLY red also is good, blacks & silvers are to, use different till ya get what they want, if ya don’t know, use one of each at same time & change out till ya get em. Just over idle or at idle. This will pull out smaller tuna from places the tuna get a lot of pressure, like the FAD’s here in Hawaii. Same as the double hook one for action. BIG tuna will also grab these, use a little bigger hook, to big & it no work. . – If not to much pressure on tuna, drop back a ways & work the rod back & forth. If the tuna have lockjaw & are trained to not eat hook or lined baits, , just get it back behind the boat as far as possible so just the jig is on water, no line, at idle rod tip high & twitch it around so it dances on surface, as long as you keep line out of water, you can use 30 lb. & get the bait in quick & fresh. If possible, get on the bridge for more Hight & distance behind boat if necessary, most of the time, just holding rod tip high as possible from deck & getting jig back 30 – 40 ft. behind is good. --- It DOES work. --- better than any others I have tried, I’ve tried many…---<br><br><br>You Have to have All other lures OUT of the wake for these to work best. The Double with blue / pink & the aurora over it is a Secret Weapon for when they are eating flyers, I’ll often troll one out Loong off the bridge & if I get bit on a shorter lure / regular lure, I can jig this in & get a double going. Mahi & Marlin Will take it as well as tunas, Big & small. Tied direct, getting cut at color or gaff is a problem though with bigger feeshees.<br><br><b>GREAT FUN !!!</b> `ya have to hold the rod for the strike...<br>&<br>Stand UP !!!<br><br>Aloha from Kauai Folks... [Wink]