Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big River Smallmouth
Guess my yakfishing is pretty much finished at least for October. Yesterday I was floating down the river where I was fishing for smallies when I get a call on my cell phone. It was a school back in Brampton where I live and supply teach. They wanted to know if I could cover for their music teacher all of next week. After asking them to hold so I could negotiate through the rapids I accepted. I then sat at the edge of the eddy and hooked and released the biggest river smallmouth I have ever caught. I measured my Tarpon hatch and it comes to 19 inches which would make this fish probably just shy of the elusive 20" mark. I also got 3 other smallies almost as big. Interestingly enough except for one fish I caught on my 40 year old crankbait, the others were all caught on things I learned about on the River Smallies website site.

Teeny Wee Craw
Wacky Jack (Case Plastics)
Sinking Salty Shad (Case Plastics)

[Image: img-resized.png] Reduced: 72% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full image
[Image: P1010199.jpg]

So if that ends up being my season finale it's a memorable one. Weird eh? (I normally leave my cellphone in the car.)

Our smallie season is over on November 30th so I may possibly get out again. The concept of finding fish in their wintering holes is "cool".

God Bless,
Don
[signature]

That was a nice catch and if it was the last, it was also a good grand finale. Thanks for sharing.[cool]
[signature]