Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubin' tomorrow!!!
Hey Tubedude and everyone else, I think I might be able to go tubin tomorrow morning![Smile] I will be hitting up Long Beach area somewhere?? I will be getting my live smelts from the Lagoon just before it gets light out. I will be on Channel 10 if anyones in the neighborhood give me a hollar!
[signature]
[cool]Good luck, Kiyo. Let us know how you do.

I just finished about an hour and a half at the filleting board, and I am too tired to download my pics and post a report. Let's just say that TubeBabe and I had a 200 fish day on Saguaro Lake. Most of them were feisty and stickery yellow bass. We released most, but still ended up with a cooler full to fillet. My hands look and feel like hamburger...but my tummy is purring after the meal of scampi style fillets I just had.

TubeDude
[signature]
Tubedude,

Sounded like a real fun day out on the water! Glad to see you are fishing[laugh][laugh] I think the last time I talked with you, you were having a hard time getting out on the water. I'm going to have to start calling you the Mike Gardner of float tubin'!!! 200 fish in one day is awsome!! Congrats to the both of you.
[signature]
Wow... jealousy has a new color... ultra green. LOL. sounds like a great day at the lake.

save some for me will ya? Hey Kiyo, I went to the 72 nd jetty for a couple of hours caught some shorties on ghost shrimp and road runner jigs TD & TB sent over.. caught them on the white with red eys...nuttin' on the sparkle one. got couple more hours in the mornin... may be I will try again.

Halibut
[signature]
Hey Minh,

You didn't go with Gilbert, Kenny, Danny and the Copes? They went out today and I don't think they had a good day except at the parade![laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Nah!!! only had two hours... then its off to run errands... dying to try out my force fins. maybe June, after the WSB & yellowtail trip.
[signature]
Well, I went out on Sunday and only got to tube for an hour. Only caught one 12" Halibut with a live smelt. Spent almost 2 1/2 hours trying to get smelts from the Lagoon with Smelt4bait Schoedl. Hopefully I'll have better luck next week.
[signature]
I did not want to waste time Sunday so I picked up some 5 - 8 inch sardines from Big Fish... got raked...no hard bites... sunday was slow fishing..
[signature]
I fished with Gardner on Saturday but didnt get close to the 200 mark, I had 12 spotties on spinnerbaits and Mike had 28 mixed fish. The two customers that went caught about 5-7 a piece, we were out of Mission Bay.[cool]

I also met JAPAN RON today at El Do.

anndddd,

The butts in Alamitos are STACKED[shocked]!!!! Went on Wednesday and caught 3 in like an hour and a half, lost a few big ones[mad] Also had 2 sandies and a short spottie. All plastic fish no shrimp.[cool]

Good luck Kiyo

Aaron
[signature]