Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats next?
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Fly fishing has certainly come a long way from its start. What do you think will be the next improvement, invention or whatever in either clothing, equipment, fly making material, etc? Like who could have predicted the Buzz Off line of clothing.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
and dont forget your Norlander's auto retrieve bobbins..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hey! If I could figure that out would I be spending my time here? Not! I'd be consulting with tackle and clothing manufacturers for big bucks.

Brook
http://www.the-outdoor-sports-advisor.com
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Ah you don't really mean that Brook. After all we are just getting use to you. [Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
figure what out?? ya lost me on that one.. [Smile].. I was just commenting on some bobbins that DR and I discussed in a different thread.. and since that is a major innovation to the regular bobbin I thought it worth mentioning.. glad I did not mention their line of new vises.. LOL>.

MacFly
[signature]
I took it as, if I could think of something really cool (like the retractable Bobbin) I would be busy marketing it and no time for FORUMS.

I can't think of anything right now, as far as fishing.

I just mentioned to my sister, about a soft mesh screen that you could close in your car door. That way you could leave the windows open and not worry about bugs (like Hornets or pesky flies) flying in, but I am sure that has been done before.

I had an idea many years ago to make a ice scraper with a built in glove.....that year it came out....DANGIT!
[signature]
Yeah, Mac. I was just responding to the original thread title, i.e. What's Next?

FlyGoddess, it's like I tell prospective PR clients: If you build a better mousetrap---some marketing sharpie will beat you out of it. [:/]

Ah, well. Some of us are destinied for fame and fortune. The rest of us have to make do with fishing.

Brook
[url "http://www.the-outdoor-sports-advisor.com"]http://www.the-outdoor-sports-advisor.com[/url]
[signature]
I know they have those mesh screens to help block out sunlight for the kiddies in particular.. but I kind of like your idea with the bug screen.. I am sure there is a way to do it and make it compatible with most any vehicle.. I just dont know that way..LOL>.

now sis.. I know you and hubby have made modifications to your tubes and toons and trolling motors.. have you ever looked into a patent on any of them??? or maybe persuing the idea to a point of manufacture... ??

...now here is an "innovation" as such that I just thought of.

how about the switch rod.. ?? its my understanding that its development came about because anglers needed a rod that was/is basically a cross between the spey rod for long casts from limited shorelines.. and the traditional fly rod used on a smaller stream or river..

now another rod I have seen on line that is suppose to be a "multiuse" rod in as much as it can be used in saltwater applications, for larger fish like salmon and steelhead, yet is diverse enough to be used in freshwater for trout, bass, crappie.. etc.. its shorter length (8') allows it to be used on limited shore line and should be an excellent rod in a tube or toon.. its the TFO mini magnum..

[center][inline SanBrunoDorado.jpg]
[center]
[left]this dorado was caught on a mini magnum...[Smile]
[left]
[left]MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Wait just one minute - that guy doesn't look anything like you. [Image: dumb.gif]So who is that mask man? [Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
do you really want the answer to that answer..LOL.. cause Ill tell ya.. if ya reeeeeeaaallly want to know.. Ill telll ya.. .LOL>>

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#000000][size 4][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Not really. Tonto clued me in![/#008000] [Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
lol.. does that make me the lone angler now..LOL>..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]si kemosoby[Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Actually, switch was designed to offer the same length rods as used in big river spey fishing in the lighter weights.
Most Speys being 7 weight and up, switch are 4 weight and up. Also for tubers, but I think 12' in a tube can be problematic.
I have fished portions of the snake that a 5 weight would be plenty and a 12' rod with the two hand "D" cast could make it much easier.

You got a point on the mods on our motors and the POWER SOURCE. They could be marketable.
[signature]
my bad on the switch.. you told me that before I am sure.. they are not shorter.. but lighter weight.. and are designed for switch casting (I think you told me there was a difference in spey and switch casting)..

I think the mini mag may be a big hit .. its shorter.. is part of tfos bluewater series so it is "a hybrid combination of S-Glass and high-modulus carbon fiber " ,... as I said before it can be used for salt.. or fresh.. salmon, steelies, bass, trout, crappies..

again my point being in context with the orignal question.. lol.. we have a new type of hybrid rod that can be used in multiple fishing scenarios..

and in both cases.. the switch and the mini mag their development was a direct result of the demands of the anglers that use them..

MacFly
[signature]
Mac, due to my interest in GLASS, I was drawn to the W.W.Griggs Vintage. That plus the fact it looks like bamboo, I liked the idea of turning a few heads for kicks.
I bought the combo for under $70. An 8 1/2' 5/6 weight. Well I take it out and DANG this thing is fast even for an "S" glass. Turns out it is a mix. I don't know for sure, but thinking plastic in the middle with a glass tip and butt.
I tell you, this is my favorite rod right now. Unexplainable, but it is so CRISP but soft...just a different way cool action.
Well, it turns out, more are looking for this in a rod, and the TFO is answering that. I am thinking that TFO is going to be one of their top sellers.
I know the BASS folks love the heck out of it.
[signature]
are you say you are thinking the mini mag is gonna be one of TFO top selleres.. cause if you are then I agree with you 100% percent..

without getting into the entire release.. it is described as sensitive enough to feel smaller fish like sunfish.. and enough backbone to tangle with a steelie.. or salmon.. .or to "wrestle" a lmb out of the reeds .. .lol..

and they are priced under 200.00

MacFly
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]So which one are you going to add to your collection MacFly?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I am hoping the mini magnum.. lol.. but mama santa may have something to say about that.. :-)

MacFly
[signature]