Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Berry good halloween
Headed up the the berry this morning went to Renegade and hit the water at 730 water temp was 44. The sunrise was one of the prettiest I have seen. Lots of clouds and lots ofcolors. There was a slight breeze to start and then around 830 dead calm. The lake was pure glass and the sun was peeking in between the clouds. There were quite a few boats and toons up there probably about 15 or so. I decided to go it alone today. I needed some quiet time with just me and the fishies. Enough of the gooey stuff here's how the fishin was.

Started out throwing a LC rainbow pointer missed a couple of hits right away. Missing hits would be a theme for today. Switched to the ghost brown (it is halloween) and tried my luck. A couple of more hits and a couple more misses. I was beginning to think that the fish ghosts were haunting my chances.

Switched to vertical jigging around 900 and the halloween party started. I invited 16 to come and join me in my tube... they grudingly obliged and weren't happy to be invited but, I made sure they all made it home safely. The biggest was a little over 22 the sallest 18. I used a pumkin colored tube and a piece of chub to start (decided to stay with the halloween theme). I caught a few but switched to a white tube with chub meat. The party was on.

For the next two hours it was solid fishing very seldomly did I not have a hit on the drop. A few times it didn't make it to the bottom. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many I missed. I finally figured out it was my jig that had gotten dull. A new jig head later and I was back in business.

I was in 30' of water the fish were mainly on the bottom. I am guessing it was my last toon trip to the berry for the year....bring on the ice. Thanks to my fellow BFT'ers for telling us how to vertical jig at the berry. I have been fortunate enough to catch some fish up there this year and have really enjoyed using this technique. All in all a berry good halloween.
[signature]