Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First muskie of the year
Went muskie fishing with Road this afternoon from 2:00-7:00.
I caught my first muskie of the year. It was the smallest muskie I have ever caught it was only 22". Road had a muskie follow his lure right up to the boat but would not take it. The surface temperature was 59 degrees.
[signature]
I look at it this way a fish is a fish.
[signature]
[Smile][font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] What type of lure were you using, and exactly what area were you fishing in.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I caught it on a #11 perch jointed rapala. I caught it at the island that is east of browning point. Road had his follow where the south fork river comes in.
[signature]
Way to go !! even if its only a 22" . I hope to be up there tomorrow . Had to much to do today .
[signature]
Way to go MGB, one of these days I've got to get up there and catch one of those muskie or should I say try and catch one. WH2
[signature]
Great job MGB [Smile]. Good way to knock the winter rust off
[signature]
Sounds good to me. But who are you?
[signature]
DUDE You soooo owe me a trip up there. DZ
[signature]
Fish is Fish no matter the size!! I am sure it was still a blast! I will send you a pm and try to go out one night this week.
[signature]
Not worthy of its own post . LOL Went to Pineview with no luck . Did managed to find a hole to step into . I don't know how deep it was but it was over my chin . Managed to throw my pole and doggie paddle to shore with waders on . Water temp : cold and wet . Fished the north fork and the middle fork (first time there ,make note to watch for hole ) LOL Looked for fish rolling , only seen carp . Its good to be home !! Maybe next time . tight lines
[signature]
You are lucky a muskie did not bite you.

The north fork arm is a good area to fish. I just wish it had more water in it. The water on the north side of the submerged road was only a foot or two last time I looked, its too shallow to get a boat back there. I wish the water would raise another 5' so there would be more brush to cast into.
[signature]
I seen a boat go into that area while I was there . Looked like he was fishing for crappie , but I heard him talking on his cell saying he got a 40 incher . Water was up a foot from last week . I check my sticks I stuck in the mud near edge of water .Out where the creek cuts thru the old highway got to be 5 ' deep now to the top of the old road . Well I guess my cell phone trash . It went in the drink with me . Anyone need a battery for a nokia 3390 ?

Right where I went in the water I found a wounded crappie ( 8") . That muskie could of been in that hole hiding out . If he was he was laughing his a$$ off . I was wondering if I was going to make it out . Hard to swim with waders filling up with water . Went from 2 ' to 6' in one step . LOL Trying to decide if I will go next weekend . Should be some good scenery if the fishing sucks but crowded . tight lines
[signature]